nine

Kissing Ginny Weasley was probably the best thing Waverly has ever done or experienced

Kissing Ginny Weasley was probably the best thing Waverly has ever done or experienced. Who would've thought something so small would be so everlasting. Something so minute, but she would spend most of her days onwards waiting to do it again. She knew one hundred little things about Ginny, but when their lips touched, she forgot her own name. So, Waverly vowed that that would not be the last time it would happen.

As she walked back to the common room, it honestly felt like she was gliding. She considered looking down every time she took a step just to make sure that her feet were actually hitting the ground. It was so surreal, and she loved it.

As soon as she walked into the common room, she forgot how Pansy knew what was going to happen before she did.

"Well? Did you do it? What was it like? Oh Merlin stop staring into space like a complete fool and talk to me!" Pansy babbled.

"H—how did you know?"

"You're too easy to read Summers. And besides, it isn't that hard to tell when you're crushing. You gave it all up to her," Pansy answered.

Fuck, thought Waverly.

"Was it really that obvious?"

Pansy rolled her eyes, "So totally beyond. At least she was dense enough not to notice."

Waverly collapsed on the bed, exasperated and elated. "It was beyond amazing by the way."

"Was there tongue? Give me the details," rushed Pansy.

"What? Ew no. It wasn't like that," said the younger girl.

"So was it quick? Like— you're so vague."

"Its hard to explain. You would've had to have been there to know what happened."

"Pfft. Lame. Well, I'm happy for you two. Goodnight Waves," Pansy said, walking out of the room and giving her space.

"I see you kissed the blood traitor? Called it Ara," said Evangeline, who Waverly thought was sleeping until then.

"Oh shut up, you're just mad because she went with Blaise and not you," shot Araminta.

"Both of you shut up," Waverly intervened, who was exhausted and wanted to end the day on a good note.

Waverly had never slept so well.

That morning, Waverly went down to breakfast and immediately found Ginny. She wanted to say her goodbyes as soon as possible, because she knew she would be leaving.

"Oh thank Merlin you're here, I was looking for you because I wanted to see if you'd like to come home with me for the holidays," said Ginny.

Waverly, who had no prior plans and would want nothing more than to be with Ginny for five days, couldn't have been happier to accept the offer.