Chapter 2

I freaked out. Absolutely freaked out. I cried, screamed, yelled, and ran. I got in my car and drove off. Everything I saw had to do with him. Signs, people, pets, and even buildings. I was crazed. I drove to the park and saw my sister making out with someone. I saw him. Again. She was making out with him. She was him. I ran to break them up. It was her idiot jock boyfriend. She screamed at me and called me a psycho. I went into my house. Ran to my room. He was sitting in my chair. I touched him and he was real. It was the real man.

"I was looking for you. I found you through your mind. Fear. Any thoughts related toward me I can track. I will be your guidance counselour. Your every thought. My hats tell about my mood and what I'm doing. I am connected to you. You were the first to look me in the eye. I will haunt you until you kill me or I kill you. See you later, Sonny."

He dissapeared. Leaving one thing. The tobaggan he wore. It was red and looked demonic. I called my friend Robert again. It went to voicemail.

"Hey Rob, just calling to tell you I'm okay. Talk to you later."

I went for a drive. Trying to get the man, the thing out of my mind. I was seriously scared, but then a crazy thing happened. I saw a car crash. I drove up, and there were cops, emergency vehicles, and most of all, people. I walked up to see what happened and who it was. It was Robert. The paramedics were pulling his dead corpse from the burning car. I ran forward to look in the car and see him. Guess what I found instead? A demonic ball cap with a note. It read, Hat Two of 15. I knew what it meant and grabbed it. I ran home. I was absolutely freaked out, upset, angry, and worried. What will happen next? My family would be next. I'm ready to face him. I hate him. He's a true demon. What would happen if he wasn't wearing a hat and glasses?

I went to the comic book store to try and calm down. Amaze Comics comic books stacked the shelves along with other big names like Wand, Zin and Zon, etc.. I picked up a Wand comic book and walked toward the manager. I was shocked. The manager was stapled to the wall. Blood ran down his forehead and the wall slowly. I turned my head and instead of comic books I saw the man in the hat's face on the cover of a book.

Then underneath I saw the comic books spell out, 3OF15. With a hat under the words. It was a rather stunning top hat. It was demonic. I ran home.

I lined up all of the hats together. They started to glow but it stopped quickly. I thought it was going to be a time bomb. I've got to kill him. It will be hard. I know I can. I fell asleep.

"Hello Richard," I heard the man's voice. "I know you have found out about the time bomb. I knew you would. You are a smart boy. You will never be smart enough. Call me when you are ready. You have 1-4 weeks until its all over and you die. I hate you, kid. No matter. You are a dumb disgrace to mankind. I will kill you. You tiny bug."

I woke up sweating. I was a dog in a lake. I had a fever. My mom made me stay home. I couldn't let anyone else die. I fell asleep again. I didn't have another nightmare that day.

I was feeling better by evening. I got up to stretch my legs and go downstairs. My mom saw me and told me to drive to the guidance counselor. He called her and told her he had the cure.