Chapter 9

We arrived at Diedrich's house at half past 5. Diedrich was two years younger than me. He was the biggest show off of all time. He is a huge southerner. I just all out hate him.

We knocked on the door.

"Weyell! Hey ya'll!"

His mother greeted us. She was just as southern as he was.

"Come owon iyun!"

His dad saw us.

"We cooked us some great stir fry!"

The whole family had a southern accent. His dad smelled of smoke an alcohol. He had a short brownish whitish beard.

I could here the 500 pound 17 year old galloping down the stairs. He had a terrible smirk. Here comes Diedrich.

"Hey Reechard, cum upstayers."

I was managing a smile. I went up to his room with him.

"How do you like iyut?"

His arms dropped like a gorilla.

"I like it!"

I managed to say. His room was a natural disaster. It had wrestling posters everywhere.

The rest of the night went fine. Other than me almost ripping my ears off.

We arrived back home. My mom looked just as traumatized as I did. We went inside. That kid would never shut up!

"Mom, how did they get Diedrich's name?"

"It was his grandmother's maiden name."

I hated him. I didn't want him to die. I'll try to stay away from him.

"So mom, wanna go to Morgan's Roadhouse?"

I joked.

"No! Tomorrow we eat Chinese food. No more country cooking."

I smiled. We got out of the car and walked into the house. I ran to my room and went to bed.

I woke up early the next morning. My mom told me I had to get groceries. I hopped in my van and left.

When I was driving. My lights started flickering. I made them stop. Then, my gas gauge started moving like a windshield wiper. I tapped about ten times and it stopped...at almost empty.

I pulled into a nearby gas station. I got my gas and left. I was almost at the grocery store. I looked to my right. I couldn't believe what I saw!