Chapter 15

I shut down my computer. I went to bed. I woke up the next morning. I had no nightmares. I walked down the steps. My mom wasn't there. She left a note,

Honey,

I have left to go get some groceries. I'll be back soon.

Love,

Mom!

I smiled. I left the house. I got in my van. I drove off. I saw Diedrich and his friends hanging around his house. I watched them all enter the house except for one. He stayed outside. I watched him walk out to the backyard of my house. I parked my car and followed him.

I walked to my backyard and couldn't believe what I saw. The boy was hung in the tire swing. I watched his dead eyes go to the back of his head. I saw Diedrich run over. His eyes got huge.

"Whuyut haepenned?"

He asked still big eyed and scared. I explained the man of many hats. I asked him to come inside. He went into the house. I stayed out and saw a toboggan and a note. I picked up the toboggan and read the note.13of15. I ripped up the note and went inside.

"Whue iyus thiyus mayun?"

Diedrich asked. I explained,

"He has been murdering almost all of the people I see."

Diedrich started to edge away. I noticed,

"Diedrich, you're safe."

He paused,

"Weyel, why diyud Michel die?"

"I don't know."

We talked. I made a new friend.

"Buyut how?"

"I don't quite know. You need to leave this city for the next two weeks."

Diedrich was an only child. That wouldn't be a problem.

"I'll go home."

He said leaving. Later that day I watched his family leave. They never stopped driving their giant ugly car. He was safe.

I went into my house. I shut the door. I turned on the the tv. I fell asleep.

"Hello Rich, I know you're listening. Open your eyes!"

I opened my eyes. I was lying on the hard white ground. I got up.

"Where am I?"

The man smirked.

"Your mind."

I looked at him. Horrified.

"What are you doing to me?"

"Telling you when I will kill you. Tomorrow will be the next death. The last one is your mother."

My mouth dropped. My eyes teared up. I looked at him. My nose scrunched up,

"You dirty monster. What happens if she goes away?"

"She won't die."

"I hate you!"

I grabbed him. When I touched him my hand burned. I pulled back. They were already burned.

"You want to know who will die next? You won't guess. You'll never guess."

I gritted my teeth,

"Who is it?"

He smiled,

"Goodbye."

My eyes opened on the couch. My hands hurt. They were blistered.