Noon

Sophie was chatting lividly, mixing batter and eggs while Riza flipped the pancakes. She was paying attention for the most part, but was also day dreaming...

"Hey. Hawkeye." Roy pokes her cheek, chuckling at the officer. "Earth to Bird brain." Edward snorts from his seat at the kitchen table, laughing loudly. Sophie dives in for a kiss to the ear, snapping Riza out of her daze and almost making her fall.

"Goddamnit don't do that." She huffed, flipping a flapjack and placing it in the pile with the rest. "I just let me stand there for all I care." Her voice hinted at a snarl, her eyes glaring at her girlfriend.

"But it's fun to mess with you, Hawkeye." Mustang sets an elbow on her shoulder, grinning like a madman. She shoves his arm off, ignoring him entirely. He takes her spatula, running away with it.

"Mustang, get your ass back here before it ends up with a second hole in it -- from my gun!" Riza shuts the burner off, chasing him up the stairs and out of sight.

"Oh god." Sophie was practically on the ground laughing so hard, leaning on the back of Ed's chair for support. "Damn, she has fire in her veins!"

"But Mustang lives off of fire." Edward reminds her, trying not to start laughing again. They could hear the arguing from upstairs and the sound of feet on carpeted ground.

"Fuck you Mustang give it back!"

"But that's cheating and you know it."

Riza growled pretty damn loudly then. "You disgust me!"

"You have stated this before." Roy slides down the banister, racing around the island to have it between him and Hawkeye. "Prove how much I disgust you." Riza's fingers twitched like she wanted to get her gun. Sophie took it from her waistband before she did use it on Roy.

"Is that a challenge?" She stalked around the side of the island, instinct to hunt prey kicking in. Roy chose his own flight response, ducking into the living room and back into the upstairs of the house. Riza was right on his tail.

"We should go and eat without them." Sophie put a plate in front of Ed, two pancakes about as big as his face staring up at him. "They'll be chasing each other a while." She passed him the syrup and a fork.

"Thanks." He started to cut the pancake with the side of his fork. "But don't i know it. Mustang is so damn persistent." Edward's eyes light up with the taste. "This is sooooo good." He was absolutely melting in his seat, body now made of butter.

"Thanks, old recipe from my grandmother." Ed took an eager piece, shoving it in his mouth. "Chew, Elric. Roy would get jealous if I had to give you mouth to mouth." He coughed a little, swallowing the wad in his mouth. That reminded him of where their conversation went last night...

"So, you're dating Hawkeye?" Ed changed the topic, sipping the glass of orange juice placed in his hand. "What's that like?"

Sophie snorts, laughing. "Pretty damn interesting to say the least." Something crashes upstairs, followed by a string of Riza's curses. "Need some help, doll?"

"No!" Riza yells back, trying to corner Roy. Sophie shrugs, turning back to Ed.

"This is one example of interesting." She eats on her pancake. "We have firing contests, embarrass everyone we know... et cetera." She took in some orange juice, watching Edward drown his pancakes in syrup. "You with Roy?"

"Not... like that. Yet." He remembered what Mustang had said earlier. "Can I tell you something without you killing him?"

"Depends."

Edward bit his lip. "He either heard or saw you and Riza..." he trailed off, face bright red from thinking about it. He heard Sophie's fork hit the plate. "Don't kill him please!"

"I'll only wound him, don't worry." She sounded feral, leaving both guns with Edward just so she didn't change her mind. "I'll be back with a hog tied Mustang in a second." She grabbed a rope from under the counter, dashing upstairs and following the sound of yelling.

"Dear god. Double trouble headed for you Roy!" He crowed, laughing really hard as he geld into the weapons. One was smooth, short handled. That was Riza's. The other was long barreled and had a lot of dips. Like a revolver. He knew that was Sophie's.

"You told them didn't you." Roy was behind him a moment later, scaring the hell outta him. "Damn you Fullmetal." Ed moved around in the chair best he could to peck his lips.

"She's going to hog tie you so you might want your gloves." He still wore Roy's jacket and he gave him one of the gloves for his protection. "I hear Riza directly above us. Sophie's in their room." Roy gave Edward a hard kiss, tongues tangling a moment.

"You have fabulous hearing." He disappeared out into the backyard, the only sound being the click of the door. No one heard it but Ed. Riza slid downstairs, met by an eating Elric boy.

"Where is he?" Ed held up a finger, swallowing and taking a drink. "I need to give him a branding."

"One, that's kinky. Two, I don't know." He licked his lips, tasting the rich black coffee Roy had drank earlier or last night. He heard Riza step closer, wrap her arms around his shoulder. "What are you-."

"Your lips are swollen from a kiss Ed. Where is he?" Riza blew in his ear annoyingly.

"Honest answer? I really don't know. But he was in here before." A banging sound came from outside, followed by a shout of victory. "Never mind. He's outside."

"I caught myself a wild horse." Sophie had Roy tossed over her shoulder, hogtied like she promised. He even had an apple in his mouth. "Now," she set him in a chair next to Edward, "what exactly did you hear?"

"Hey Ed?" He looked at Fullmetal."

"Yeah Roy?" He smirked, bemused by this situation.

"If I die, find someone to keep my promise." Edward was close enough that he could hug Roy tightly.

"No one else could keep that promise like you could."