Hannah Montana: The College Years

Writers note: as this is based on a TV show, I will be writing this as it was. Season 1 = first year, Season 2 = second, you get the idea. Each season will approximately have 22-25 "episodes" which I hope to release a few episodes a week, as they will be somewhat shorter than real chapters. Right now, this is going to be rated PG13, just in case ;) I have thought of this idea for some time now and I hope you guys enjoy!

~*~ Season One~*~

Episode 1: Next to Lilly

"Miley!" Lilly's voice screamed in my ear. I woke up, annoyed and alarmed at the same time. "Miley!" Lilly screamed again, "we're going to be late for orientation! Get up!" "I'm up, I'm up," I protested. I pulled back my blanket, as my feet found their way to the cold floor. Lilly and I drove to Stanford over the weekend after my whole secret reveal. It felt good not having to bring the blonde wig to college, but at the same time I really missed performing. Lilly decided over the summer that she wanted to become a teacher, and I of course wanted to further my music career. I'm hoping my time at Stanford will allow me to reinvent myself, and be able to shy away from my career I once had as Hannah Montana.
Dad was having a hard time with both his children moving away. Jackson and Siena moved to Los Angeles, and are working on developing their own model company, with Siena being the headlining model. Over the summer, dad divulged into his music, and released an album that went gold it's first week. It didn't hurt that people realized Hannah was Robby Ray's daughter, and were hoping of a duet on the album. Oliver decided to differ his education for a year, and made a business deal with Rico's dad to start his own restaurant on the beach - Oli's was sure to be a big hit. Lilly and him were trying the long distance thing. I hoped for their sake that it would work out. As for me, I haven't sung since Jay Leno. They stopped playing Hannah Montana on the radio after I rejected to appear on television shows, or give any kind of interviews. It wasn't that I didn't want to explain what my life has been like the past few years, but I really need to focus on my life as Miley. The girl who kept a secret for several years. The girl who put on a wig and performed in front of thousands of people the night before she had a midterm. The girl who had to play second to a secret identity that everyone loved and adored.
After Lilly and I got ourselves ready, we headed down to the gymnasium. Several hundred other Freshman gathered around the stage, where a lady in a navy blue business suit and a bald man wearing a brown cardigan, and dark wash jeans stood near a microphone. A few minutes passed, and the lady tapped on the microphone to gain everyone's attention, "testing.. Testing.. Alright. Welcome everyone, to Stanford University. My name is Professor Young. For the next four years, this will be your home. A place to learn, make new friends and to have a college experience many of those will envy. Now, we will be hosting Rush Week in this very room starting tomorrow. Here you will find many of the clubs and extracurricular activities the student body of Stanford has to offer." As I continued listening, I looked around at the people around me. Instead of looking up at the stage, several students were staring at me, and whispering. Lilly noticed this too. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," she snorted at them. I hoped they would take it as a warning, and not a suggestion. All of them turned around, except one. "Are you really," a blonde girl with a long braid over her shoulder stepped toward me, blinking frantically, "Hannah Mon- Miley Stewart?" I nodded, a bit irritated. The girl held out her hand, "my name is Chloe Vermigan, psychology major, and a huge fan." "Thanks," I grinned as I tried to pay attention to Professor Young.
"I can't believe the nerve of some of those people!" Lilly exclaimed as she paced around our dorm, "you're trying to shed the Hannah thing and people just can't stop themselves from staring!" I smiled. I was lucky to have a best friend who wasn't afraid to speak her mind. "Lilly, don't worry about it. When I was Hannah, I was used to it. It's just... Different not having a blonde wig attached to my head when people stare," I grinned, waiting for her to return the smile. "Okay," she sighed, "but if it happens again I'm not responsible for my actions." I laughed, "Chill. Why don't we go feed you with some good ol' campus food?" Lilly laughed and nodded as we left our dorm.
We walked until we found a deli, just outside campus. I had been dying for a sandwich since we left Malibu. Lilly and I waited in line for five minutes, our thoughts interrupted by a sullen voice that yelled, "next!" when we arrived to the first of the line. The voice came from the tall, dark haired boy at the register with light blue eyes. I glanced down at his nametag, "Nathan" written in bold. "I'll have a... A..." I stuttered, making my way back up to his eyes. Lilly nudged me, "we'll both have turkey sandwiches and mocha lattes." She put the money on the counter and lead me away. "What's wrong with you?" She pinched me. "Ow!" I yelped, "stop it! Haven't you ever seen a cute boy before?" Lilly looked at Nathan, and back at me. "Yeah I have, his name is Olliver." I rolled my eyes, pretending to gag. Lilly and Oliver had been my best friends since I moved to Malibu, I still found it weird that they fell for each other.
"Your order is ready," Nathan said, holding the two mocha lattes. "Thanks," I smiled as I regained my ability to speak, passing Lilly her sandwich and drink, and turned to take my own. "Enjoy," Nathan smiled at me, I lifted my drink off the counter, "you too!" I beamed. I turned around, hitting myself in the head with my sandwich. You too? Really, Miley? I turned around, "I mean.. Uh.. See you later" he nodded at me, still smiling as I walked to the table Lilly had sat down at, feeling like a complete idiot.
"I am so excited for the first day of classes," Lilly grinned, " I heard that Professor Young teaches first year English and that she's super slack, which means I will have a little more time to focus on all the extra curricular stuff I want to join!" "Like what?" I asked, sipping on my mocha latte. "Well, they have Quidditch club, acapella groups, cheerleading, theatre club, hula hoop club, and maybe I would join a sorority too! You should sign up for everything too! That way we can both be together." "Lil," I smiled, dreading the thought of listening to Lilly in an acapella group as I was reminded of the time she recorded a CD for her mom, "do you really think we'll have time to do all that? I mean we're first years. We should be partying, or studying hard to make it to next year." "Well, I don't want to party all the time, Miley. And it looks good on our resumes for our careers. Come on. At least go check it out with me tomorrow?" Lilly pouted, sticking out her bottom lip, "please?" "Fine," I agreed, "but no Quidditch club."
We finished our lunches and made our way toward the door, when someone tapped me on the shoulder. "Miley?" I turned around to see no one other than Jake Ryan.