i hate u

I hate having beef with people. I hate it so much but sometimes you just can't help it. Especially with someone like him. His channel can be so toxic, that's all I said in one of my videos. It's not that I didn't enjoy his content, I just pointed out that it could be "cancerous" sometimes. Maybe I didn't use the best word ever but I mostly meant it as a joke. Anyways, that led to people asking him to roast me and eventually he complied. Luckily he chose one of my older videos, before I started making good content. Perfect. Judge the old me. Normally I wouldn't let this kind of stuff get to me, there are plenty of videos dedicated to roasting me. Or at least trying to. Leafyishere actually succeeded. In a way. He roasted 15 year old me.

I made a response video to his and threw in some insults of my own. The way I've convinced myself to see it is, promotion is promotion whether it be good or bad. I watch his videos, I know he's not one to continuously respond to drama/hate, so I don't know what made him respond once more. It's stupid honestly but now I'm mad. I've been throwing out some shady tweets and so has he. My YouTube friends have made fun of the entire situation and maybe it isn't as serious as it seems but it sure feels like it. Especially if you look at what he has said.

••••••

"I just don't see why this is still going on." My friend Roxi says to me. We're skyping. She lives in London and I'm in Seattle, Washington. "He started it." I say for the tenth time. She shakes her head at me "I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure you did when you failed to let everyone know that your comment was a joke." I let out a sigh "I didn't think about it, I thought my viewers were aware of what kind of humor I have. And when I did try to let everyone know, no one believed me... he started it. There was no need for him to make a video on me" I say, starting to get annoyed. We sit quietly for a moment before she acknowledges that I'm right. "Okay...you're right but what about your response video? There was no need for you to make that one." She says, raising her eyebrow at me. Now it's my turn to acknowledge that she's right. "Yeah yeah. But I had to defend my 15 year old self...And my cat." I add with a small laugh. She laughs as well and nods "Whatever...one of you is going to have to be an adult and stop it. It's starting to become annoying, even your subscribers are getting tired of it. Along with his! That should tell you something." I nod "Right. Can we please talk about something else now?" She nods "Yeah..."

We end up talking about new ideas for videos and we make plans to collab again soon. After about 2 hours of talking we get off and I log into my email. I have a new email. In the subject box it says Travel Channel Challenge. That sounds interesting.

The company explained that they were going to do something similar to Contiki. They were fairly new, part of the Travel Channel and were looking for some promotion. They had invited a variety of Youtubers. Ranging from really popular to medium sized channels. With my 4.5 million subs I guess I fall more towards medium sized. They explained that they wanted to meet up with 15 creators and that I was one of the ones in this group. They gave me information on what this meeting was going to explain, where it was going to be and when it would happen. A week from now. I have enough time to get everything ready so I respond, saying that I'll be there. I've also been told that I can't say anything about it on social media. So I'm curious to see who else was invited.

••••••

2 days until I leave for the meeting in New York. I'm excited, I have already been made aware that my friends Roxi and Matt, Felix and Marzia, Destery, Ryan (Abe) and David (Dobrik) have been invited as well and will be attending said meeting. The whole leafyishere ordeal has chilled a bit which is great. He's been a bit quiet on social media.