Sixteen: The White Sea; Knight of the Sky

Alabasta: Chapters 1-12

Jaya/Mocktown: 13-15

Skypiea: 16-__

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Sylvie arrived again at the Merry, Luffy was already there and she came face to face with the angry navigator.

"S-sorry, Nami-nee...?"

"Sorry?! You're late! What took you longer than Luffy? We have to set sail now!"

"Hai!" Sylvie saluted. She looked to the ship, and tilted her head to look at it from an angle. Beside her were Zoro and Nami.

"I get a sense of impending doom looking at it." Nami said aloud.

"Chickens don't fly." the younger of the two bluntly stated.

"A pigeon would look more sky worthy." Zoro pointed out, and Sylvie nodded.

"How it looks isn't important!"

Minutes later, everyone was on their respective ships, and Usopp finished explaining to their tactician how they planned to use the knock-up stream.

"Really?! Ive heard of it, but I've never actually seen one!"

Cricket called back to Luffy.

"Kid! This is where we part ways."

"Yeah!"

"There is one thing I'm certain of... not one person has proven that Sky Island or the City of Gold doesn't exist. It may defy common sense, people will laugh..."

Everyone exept Sylvie and Zoro, who were steering this ship, was on the back deck, facing Cricket. But everyone heard it all the same.

"But who cares?" The man shouts, as they get further away. "That's what the romance is all about!"

They said their goodbyes, and Sylvie gave the steering to Zoro (not fully aware of how bad his sense of direction is...yet) and zoomed quickly back to shore as an idea occured to her.

"You?"

"Me! Cricket-san, I have a theory..."

"Go on..."

"If the Knock-up stream is truly as powerful as you say it is, is it possible...to blast half an island to the sky?" She grinned as Cricket's eyes widened at the possibility. But before he could say anything back to her, the breeze picked up to reveal she wasn't there, as if she had never been there in the first place. He looked to the horizon and saw her waving from the ship, just as it left his line of sight.

----------------------------------------

It was smooth sailing and the four most playful on the crew (Luffy, Usopp, Chopper, Sylvie) laughed as the Southbird was unable to face any direction but south. Sylvie sensed a shift in the air, however, as another ship's presence made itself known to her. Summoning a cloud to use as a platform, she was about to go higer to check whom's it was, but someone pointed out a Cumuloregalis Cloud, where most angel populations resided. Forgetting about the other ship she excitedly stared at the cloud thick and huge enough to block out the sun.

There were commands given out, but Sylvie gave them no mind as she caught sight of the massive whirlpool. Once they were set in the currents, a sea king leaped out and was dragged into the whirlpool. The currents pulled at the merry, and now there was no turning back.

Despite this obvious truth, Nami and Usopp begged their captain not to go on with it.

"Nami-nee! Usopp! Shut it! Everyone else wants to go and you two know that Luffy's word is law. And if you fall off, I can just fly to catch you." Sylvie reasoned, but they ignored that and continued. The angel shook her head with a smile as Luffy turned around with thrilled stars in his eyes. Nami and Usopp knew what that meant.