Chapter 8

1 month later

I sit with my knees to my chest at the front of my bed looking out the window. My parents have been sending me to therapist to therapist but nothing worked. I've pushed everyone away and even blocked my brother from my life.

"Paige Austin called" my dad says.

I don't respond.

"Paige staying mute won't work forever,sooner or later you'll have to talk to us"

I keep ignoring him and rest my head on my knee.

He closes my door. I hear the footsteps fade as he walks downstairs.

*beep

I ignore my phone and lay in my bed listing to Stay by Rianna. I close my eyes and drift to sleep.

~~~~

The gray clouds rumble,I open my eyes and look at the blue wall.

"Breakfast!" my dad yells.

My papa past away in a car accident a month ago while picking up my relatives and my dad took it really hard at first but now he's doing better and Matt has been more upset then my dad.

"Paige breakfast!"

I roll my eyes and get up I grabbed my red hoodie and walk downstairs.

"Look who finally comes out of her room" Matt jokes taking a bite of bacon.

"I have to go I'll be home a little while after dinner" dad says waving to both of us.

My dad has to work on Christmas break at the school so that means Matt's in charge.

"There's cereal in the cupboard if you don't want waffles" Matt says pointing to the cupboard

I walk over the the cupboard and grab a bowel and the cereal box and set it on the table,I walk over to the fridge and grab the milk carton I grab a plastic spoon and walk back to the table and sat down.

"How's school?"

I ignored him and took a bite of cereal.

"Speak" he says to me like a dog.

I kick him in his leg and took another bite or cereal.

"Ouch you asshole!"

I stand up and put my bowel in the sink and walk back up to my room.

I grab some navy ripped jeans and a black tank top and a red and green snapback and walk to the bathroom. I set my clothes on the shelf in the bathroom and got undressed and put my dirty clothes in the hamper. I turn the shower on and wait for it to get warmer,I walk into the shower and felt the warm water hit my stressful body. I look at the bottom of the bathtub and exhale,I felt like a infant that didn't know how to speak it was hard to be hugged without me going into a panic attack. I wash my face and my hair. I turn the water off and get out of the shower I change into my clothes. I walk downstairs and into the living room and turn the television on.

"Paige!" Nikki screams running up and hugging me.

I jolt out of the hug and start to panic.

"Paige look at me" Matt says.

"What's wrong with her?" she ask.

"Are dad died so she doesn't like people touching,hugging mostly anything that involves physical contact"

"Oh"

I run upstairs and run into my room and slam my door and lock it.

"Matt what actually happened to my best friend?"

"Sh-she" Matt started. Nikki grabs Matt hand and holds it gently.

"Don't tell me until you and her want to share it"

I look out my window and see the birds flying in group together.

*bink

My phone goes off I look at it and see Austin calling me. I answer it and put it up to my ear.

"Hello? Paige?"

I stay quite.

"Please say something"

I end the call and set my phone down and cry. I missed his voice,smile,laugh,the feeling of his lips pressed against mine.

I open my door and look at my brother and Nikki

I walk back into my room and pick up my phone and dial Austin number.

"Hello?" Austin ask.