Stay The Night

Lydia's POV

After everyone opened their gifts, Stiles and I headed back to my apartment. The drive was silent and kind of awkward. We walked up the stairs and I unlocked the door. Stiles followed me inside to my bedroom and we both sat down on my bed.

"Are you upset?"

"Why would I be upset?" I asked.

"Because I went out of my way and got you a huge present that was totally unnecessary. I don't know what I was thinking, I'm sorry. You weren't expecting it and I shouldn't have gotten something like this. I'm sorry."

"Are you kidding? Stiles, I'm not mad at you, I just feel bad because I got you something that seems small in comparison to what you got."

"It really didn't cost that much, honestly. I found a really cheap airline and we don't have to pay for a hotel. Don't worry about it, okay? I wouldn't have bought them if I couldn't afford them, you know that."

"Yeah, I know," I said. "You're right, I need to stop worrying. We're gonna have fun. I'm excited."

"Good," he whispered. I leaned in close to him and pressed my lips on his. His hands grasped my hips and pulled me closer. Our heads tilted in perfect unison. I put my hands on his back and pulled him down so that I was laying on my back with him hovering over me. He started kissing my cheek, my jawline, down my neck. After a few minutes of making out we laid there together, my head on his chest and his arms around me.

"It's almost midnight," he said after a while. "I should head out."

He looked at me and I gave him my best pout. "You don't have to," I said. "Nobody's making you."

"I don't have any of my stuff."

"Hmm. I have an extra toothbrush you can use."

"I don't have any clothes."

"So?"

"Okay," he said. "I'll stay. I need to get in the shower though."

We both got out of bed and Stiles headed to the bathroom. I took off the clothes I was wearing and changed into my PJ's, an old tee shirt from high school and fuzzy pants with cats on them, then took off my makeup. I brushed out my hair, which was slowly returning to its natural curl, and waited for Stiles to be finished. A few minutes later he came out wearing his jeans and no shirt.

"Wow," he said.

"What?"

"You are gorgeous. I think you get prettier every time I see you." I smirked as he walked closer to me and pulled me into a kiss.

"I need to brush my teeth real quick and I'll be out." I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, then washed my face. When I walked back to the bedroom, Stiles was laying in bed with the covers pulled up just below his chest. He'd pulled down the other side of the sheets so that I could join him. I climbed in and rested my head on his chest.

"Goodnight, Stiles."

"Goodnight," he said, and kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes and fell asleep to the sound of his steady breathing.

Stiles' POV

When I woke up the next morning Lydia was out in the kitchen. I sat up and looked at my phone. I'd slept a little past 11:00. When I walked out of Lydia's bedroom I could smell something cooking, pancakes maybe.

"You are literally the best girlfriend ever," I said as I wrapped my arms around her from behind. "Are you making pancakes?"

"Muffins."

"Blueberry?"

"Of course."

"God you're amazing," I said and kissed her on the cheek.

She giggled and turned to face me. "How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty great, actually. You're beds really comfortable."

"Good," she said, and the oven dinged. She took the pan out and set it on the counter. "Okay, the movie starts at 6:00 so you and Isaac should leave around 5:30. What do you wanna do until then?"

"Eat muffins..."

"After that," she laughed.

"I don't know. Can we just hang out here?"

"Of course."

"Okay, let's do that. I just like being with you."

So we spent the day laying in bed, after we ate the muffins obviously. She showed me what she claimed was "the best movie in the entire world. Maybe even the universe." I don't remember the name of it but it actually was pretty good. I showed her The Terminator, which I don't think she was into, but half way through we both decided I should go home and get ready. I didn't want to leave, even though I knew I had to. That morning was amazing, it made me feel like every day should start that way. Maybe Scott was right, maybe moving in together wasn't such a bad idea. But we'd only been dating for a month, I was getting ahead of myself.