36 Days and 7 Hours After

Being dragged along the road, he cringed in pain as the bloody scrapes became prominent along his sides, making it much more difficult to fight against the captor. Besides the entire situation, Simon could only wonder one thing:

Where was Harry?

Ripped away from his thoughts by the sudden stop in motion, a new protester stepped out from the crowd of people surrounding the situation.

"For your crimes against God's word, you shall pay the price."

Simon, paralyzed, watched as the unknown man pulled a knife out from the pocket of his jacket, a Bible in his other hand. Eyes widened in terror, he watched the man approach with an evil facial expression.

Making a cut on Simon's left arm, the man smiled at his pain. After a couple more littered throughout his body, the crowd began to share the same menacing grin.

"Stop! Please!" a cry echoed out among the onlookers.

A hole opened up along the side; it was Harry.

"Are you this thing's partner?" he spat.

"Why does it matter whether or not we're together! What are you trying to do? Kill him? No one deserves that no matter who they love."

"Ah, I see, we've got another one." another wicked smile floated across the audience as Harry was pushed down into Simon's own blood that had pooled below him.

"Simon, baby, you're bleeding out."

"And you can go with him, scum." the broad man surprised the two, immediately targeting Harry as he once again wielded the small knife.

Already realizing their fate, and how truly fucked up the world was, the two kissed for the last time. They shared their own disgust as mothers shielded children's eyes and men spit on them out of pure disgust for the two human beings that were exactly the same as them.

"I love you."