"Ah, hell."

"You know I wish that I had Jessie's girl

I wish that I had Jessie's girl

Where can I find a woman like that?"

Belching the lyrics to Jessie's Girl in the shower, I heard a pounding on the door. Stopping the shower and grumbling profanities under my breath. Wrapping my fluffy red towel around my body, I walked to the door, my wet hair leaving drops on the floor. Opening the door, I was barreled into. The familiar scent of fresh forest water, told me this is a pack member. The red curly hair told me it was Juliet.

"Oh, my god! I missed you so much!" She screamed. Wincing I pulled away from the hug to look over my longtime friend. Her once long hair, now in a short bob. The face that once looked babyish now reflected that of an adult. Her once shy domineer, vanished, into a headstrong woman. She over all looked like an adult.

Behind her I saw a glimpse of blonde.

"Chloe, get your ass over here." As soon as I said the words, another person barreled into me. I was shocked to say the least. Chloe had always been a lot like me when it came to emotions, she didn't show them.

"Wow, what happened to the reserved Chloe?" She backed up, her blue eyes shining with happiness.

"I guess my mate brought it out in me." To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I'm two years older. They were seventeen when I left, you find your mate when you are eighteen.

I watched as Chloe's arm wound its way around Juliet's waist, a slight blush occupying both of their faces. It made perfect sense. They had always been close, and shared things only mates could.

I gave them a smile. I'm happy for them, just because I didn't want a mate didn't mean I would stand in the way of my two best friends being happy. I couldn't have a mate. There are things that I have done, there are ways my mind thinks, events that have happened; that make me refuse to have a mate. Me having a mate would be disastrous, like a rattle snake injecting itself with its own venom.

They must have taken my silence as a bad thing.

"I'm sorry Alpha." They both said, head bowing.

"No!" They looked up in surprise, "First of all, what have I said about you two calling me Alpha. Second, I couldn't be happier for you two." I finished with a small smile. They both raced into my arms.

"Okay, as much as I enjoy this sentimental moment, would you mind if I went and put some clothes on?" They both laughed, stepping away from me.

Quickly changing into running shorts and a sports bra, I threw my hair up in a bun. Walking back out. I could hear his voice trying to command the two girls in my living room. A grin spread across my face, sprinting into the living room and jumping into his arms, I was whirled around. A giggle escaped my lips, and a hearty laugh from his.

"Long time no see," I say when he puts me down.

"Well, I had to come see my favorite Alpha, as you put it."

"That's because I am Michael," I said, a smirk lurking on my face.

"Don't let your father hear that," he chuckles.

"How's the son?"

"Same old, same old," he replies as we gather the packing supplies.

"Still a womanizing jerk, who can't keep it in his pants long enough for a decent thought to get through his head," I ask, smiling.

"You know him too well."

"Of, course I do; we grew up together. I have to admit I miss the guy." A laugh breaks through Michaels lips.