Beta

'Stupid ass mate.' I thought as I stood next to him on stage.

"I'm sure you all are wondering who this she-wolf is, that took down my son." The Alphas voice boomed through the yard. The murmurs of agreement went through the crowd. He looked back at me. Telling me it was time to move forward. Stepping forward and standing next to Alpha Damion.

"This," gesturing to me, "Is Elizabeth LeClair Rose. Soon to be Alpha of the Rose Pack, and head warrior that Beta Andre has been talking about."

I heard the gasp go through the crowd. Girls looked at me with something I couldn't decipher and guys looked at me with disbelief.

"That's not possible." One boy shouted, standing up. He seemed to be the same age as me. From the little shreds of power radiating from him, I believe he his head warrior. His blonde hair tussled, and hazel eyes gleaming with what seemed to be mischief.

"And why not Devin?" Damion asked.

"This is a girl. The stories told by Beta Andre has told, talked about a warrior strong enough to take on six rouges. A warrior that should train this pack." My head raise, my wolf loving the attention of her strength, "But this is just a girl who doesn't understand her place." He finished. HE had managed to walk all the way through the crowd and was now standing right in front of the stage.

I stopped the growl that wanted to make its way through my throat. MY wolf was pissed and that's an understatement.

'He disrespected us!' she roared.

'This is not our pack. Let the Alpha take care of his pack.' I tried to reason.

'If he doesn't do something soon, he will have one less pack member.' Sarah growled, retreating to the back of my head.

"Devin, you show too much disrespect to an Alpha." Damion growled. His mate Clarissa, came and tried soothing his temper.

Devin turned to me, "Prove your strength...Alpha." he spoke the last word with sarcasm.

Again I had to calm my wolf before responding, "I do not see the point in wasting my time in proving to a sexist werewolf what a female can do. I did not come here to fight; I came here to support my friend. Anything else than that is just a waste of my time."

Before he could reply Annalise came forward. "I don't see the problem in teaching this suborn ass what you can do."

"Anna," I growled. It was going to be hard to hold back because my wolf agreed with every word she said.

"Is the mighty Alpha scared of a challenge?'" Devin taunted.

Before I could gain control, I had him by his neck against the floor, me straddling him. I was no longer in control this was all Sarah.

Sarah's Pov.

This ass! How dare he show so much disrespect to his superior!

I held him by his neck, my nails were slowly starting to elongate. I didn't care, he deserves everything I do.

"You will show respect to you Alpha." I roared.

"Y...you...a...re...not...my...A...lph...a" He finished the a with spiting in my face.

Letting out a loud growl I tightened my grip. I saw his eyes close, I knew if I kept at this for another minute he would die. I felt a hand on my back. Looking back, I saw the gleaming eyes of Annalise. Giving her short growl, I turned back to my prey.

"You have to let him go El." She reasoned.

"Why," came my half spoken half growled response.

"Because you are at a different pack, you can be counted with treason." She said.

Slowly letting go, I stood up. Not yet ready to relinquish control back to Elizabeth, I walked back to the stage.

Facing the crowd, I saw Devin being carried away. Looking at everyone else I thought it best to say a few word about what just happened.

"I do not want to fight any one else. Devon challenged me, and as Alpha it was my job to put him in his place. If anyone else would like to find out what I can do, please step forward get this out of the way," nobody moved forward, "This is a wise choice. Now I would like all of you to look at Annalise Moreau. This is her day. She will make an excellent Beta!"

The crowd erupted in cheers. Giving an affectionate nod to Anna I stepped back and gave control back to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth's Pov.

Walking back to my spot, I watched as Annalise walked up to the microphone as if nothing had happened.

"I Annalise Moreau decline offer from the Premiere pack to become Beta." Gasps rose throughout the crowd. I turned to her father, only to find a proud look upon his face. The same went for the Alpha.

"Elizabeth has offered me the position of Beta at her pack and I accept. I hereby stand down to the Beta position and bring my brother, Clark Moreau, as the Beta."

The night was full of celebrating, Anna saying goodbyes to her pack members. I was trying to stay far away from Christian. He seemed to follow me like a lost puppy dog. Walking into the kitchen to get a refreshment other than alcohol, I was met with an empty kitchen. Quickly getting to the fridge o grabbed a Dr. Pepper, gulping down. Still facing the fridge, the delicious scent of apples filled my senses, alerting me to my ma...Christians presence.

"We need to talk." He sounded tired, like all his energy was gone.

"I don't see about what," turning to face him, I continued, "you will be Alpha in France, and I will go back to America. We will act as if we never met each other." I calmly replied. The only reason I have yet to reject him is because I'm selfish and don't want to go through the pain.

"We can't do that. We are mates for Goddess sake. I have spent six years looking for you. Ever since my eighteenth birthday, I have wanted my mate. Now, here you are, and I am not letting you go." The more he spoke the more anger seemed to lace his voice.

"I have spent the years the opposite way. I have never wanted a mate, and don't want one now." My words seemed to be like putting salt on an open wound.

In an instant he was in front of me. His face so close to mine. His delicious smell enveloping me a hug. He had to be at least six foot, said the forming cramp in my neck.

"I don't care what you've done these years. You will be my mate," he seethed.

The air seemed to be replaced with fire. The burning hatred in my veins, controlling my actions and thoughts. Before I could stop myself the word flew out of my mouth like vomit,

"I Elizabeth LeClair Rose eject you, Christian Premier, as my mate," and I didn't regret them.

He crumpled in pain, I won't lie, I wanted to do the same, but my pride made me walk past his crumpled body. Walking back out to the part, I found Annalise.

"We are taking our leave." Without waiting for a reply I walked away. Waiting at the car, I saw Annalise walking my way, but she wasn't alone. Behind her stood her father, the Alpha and Christian.

"We are sad for your sudden departure." The alpha spoke. Putting on a polite smile I replied,

"It is time for us to take out leave. I have work in the morning."

"When will we see you again?" Andre asked. I saw Christians shoulders tense, waiting for my reply.

"I am sorry to say we will not be returning for some time. We will be heading to my pack next week."

"What! Why?" Christian growled. Turning my fake smile to him I replied.

"My birthday is the twenty-ninth. I will be twenty-three. This is the age my father and I have arranged for me to take over the pack." Turning to face everyone, I gave one last goodbye, as well as Annalise, we got into the car, exiting the pack house.

"It would have helped if I had been notified of this departure." Annalise commented. Sending her an apologetic smile I elaborated,

"I rejected him." It's all that needed to be said. She didn't give me any type of speech, or looks full of sympathy. We just sat there quietly in the care, basking in each other's company.