✟¢нαρтєя ѕιχ✟

[αмαι'ѕ ρσν]

Bolting awake, I felt the sweat drip down my face as I stared into the darkness of my bedroom. The moonlight illuminated the old wooden room, my pet rabbit snoring soundly in his cage, and the breeze from the open window making soft howling noises. I shook my head, placing my hand on my forehead.

"What kind of a dream was that?" I asked myself hesitantly. I saw a lot of blood, and felt like I was drowning. I couldn't explain it.

I threw back the heavy duvet, swinging my feet over the edge of the old bed, placing my sweaty feet upon the cold floor. I stood up slowly, the creaks of the bed filling the deafening silence of the house. I began to quietly walk towards the bathroom, my feet sticking to the cold floorboards, and the silence ringing in my ears.

I stepped into the bathroom, flicking on the dim orange light. The dim rays of light filled the room, and I stared at my reflection in the dusty mirror. I walked towards it, placing my hand against the cool glass, the sweat and heat of my hand causing the silver around it to fog up. I stared long and hard into my eyes, barely blinking.

Sagging grey bags hung below my exhausted eyes, my brown irises a colourless brown, and my eyelashes droopy. My lips were dry, and no matter how many times I licked them, they just stayed dry. My skin was also dry, and quite pale. I ran my fingertips of my other hand over my face.

I had been robbed of sleep since I came here. I just get a feeling I'm being watched, and I'm quite a light sleeper, so that feeling always nagged at my mind. I removed my hand from the glass, my skin peeling away from the foggy silver, my palm now cool. I stared at it.

Who or what could be watching me?

I ask myself that every night, and yet I get the same answer.

It has to be Krizstián.

I knew he had a thing for me. And honestly, I could always feel his lavender eyes burning into my skin, his mind undressing me and violating me where I stood. But I could never prove it. And I could never prove it to be Krizstián watching me, either.

Does the creep not sleep? I don't know. But I want to find out.

Dragging my feet down the stairs, I yawned and cast my father a tired look as he stood by the door.

"Oh, Lord, you look like shit," he stated, approaching me as I lazily hopped down the last stair.

"Arigatou for pointing out the obvious," I muttered back, swatting his hand away as he reached for my face. I brushed passed him, opening the creaky door and sitting on the front porch step, tying my shoelaces up on my shoes.

Once I had tied a double-knot, I stood and swung my bag onto my shoulder.

"Ja, mata." I walked away without turning back to my father, waving my hand. I heard him sigh has the creaky door closed and the locks were bolted into place.

I shoved my hands into my pockets, my head down as I walked down the dirt footpath that lead to school through the next town.

Once I had arrived at the next town, I walked on a paved footpath beside a road that lead to the cities of Romania.

"hei copil, în cazul în care te duci pe la?" A man emerged from the shadows of an alleyway I was passing. I stared up into his face. He was probably twice my height, and wearing heavy woollen clothing, despite it being quite warm out. This man already sent the red flags in my head waving like Italy waving a white flag.