002

Two | The Myth, The Legend, The Bitch

The sound of a door opening made my eyes shoot open. At this point my senses would be on over-alert but I felt exhausted. I glanced over to the fire that was still burning. I grumbled, pulling out my phone to check the time, seeing that I'd fallen asleep on the couch for an hour.

"Do you mind, I was sleeping." I yawned, sitting up. I looked towards the front door where Damon was standing.

He was smiling, "There are plenty of bedrooms, Cassie. I already told you that."

"I know but the couch is comfy." I stated. I noticed the smile still remaining on his face and furrowed my brows in curiosity, "What's put you in such a good mood?"

"Does there have to be a reason?" He asked, walking down the two steps.

"With you? Yes." I half-heartedly joked. I watched him walk across the room to the table full of alcohol and pour himself a glass of bourbon. He took a sip, letting his blue eyes flicking up to meet mine. He realised I was staring at him.

"You want one?" He offered.

"Sure." I nodded.

Damon poured another glass before sitting down beside me. He handed me the glass, our hands breifly brushing against one another. My heart started to beat fast. I quickly took the glass from him and downed most of the drink, avoiding eye contact. I couldn't still have feelings for him. I didn't.

"Do you want to talk?" Damon wondered, sitting back on the couch.

"I, uh..." I didn't know if he meant about us or about the reason I had come back to Mystic Falls.

"What have you been up to for sixty years?" He asked.

I exhaled a small sigh of relief. I began to tell him about the places I had been, some people I had met along the way, the different foods and drinks I had tried and the languages I had learnt.

He told me things he'd been up to; the ups and the downs, which there were more of than ups. We sat talking for about forty minutes before Damon's phone vibrated, interupting us. He pulled it from his pocket, reading the screen.

"I need to go, it's important." He said, his lips pressing into a straight line.

Damon pushed himself up and grabbed his leather jacket, swiftly putting it on. I furrowed my brows at him, feeling annoyed, "Leaving again? This is the third time and it's not even been twenty-four hours."

"Fine, come with me." Damon huffed, defeated. He threw my jacket at me as I put on my shoes, "Hurry up! We gotta go."

▂▂▂▂

I looked out the front window of the car, staring at the huge white building in front of us in confusion. Damon had driven us somewhere without telling me where exactly we were going, "Why are we at the hospital?"

"Caroline Forbes is injured." Damon told me and instantly continued when I gave him another confused look, "She's Elena's friend."

"Ah, Elena." I bit the inside of my cheek, "The Katherine look-a-like."

"Caroline's mother messaged me, she thinks I'm part of the town council. She knows about vampires but she doesn't know that we are vampires." He glared at me, "And I'd like to keep it that way."