Park

Michaels pov
"Come on Heather wake up" I whispered brushing my fingers over her cheek.

She whimpered again and tried breaking away from my grip but I kept her in my lap.

"Wake up sweetheart" I started placing kisses along her hair line.

"What?" she whispered hoarsely.

"Did you have a bad dream?" I asked quietly while laying down pulling Heather against me.

"My father" she stuttered her eyes filling with fear.

"He's gone sweetheart. He's gone and he won't come back" I pushed some hair behind her ear.

She wrapped her arms around my torso and buried her face in my chest. I sighed and rubbed her back. She took a deep breath then lifted her head to look at me.

"What's the matter?" I asked searching her eyes.

"I can't go back to sleep" she pouted.

I chuckled and said "Then let's go"

I rolled out of bed. Heather followed my actions. I handed her one of my sweatshirts and grabbed one for myself then headed out the door.

"Do you remember what color my hair is?" I asked quietly as we walked down the sidewalk.

I had my hands shoved in the pockets of my jeans as I looked over to Heather for an answer. Her eyes were locked on my hair.

She sighed and shook her head dropping her gaze to the sidewalk.

"It's alright" I smiled reassuringly at her and grabbed her hand.

"My hair is green. Can you remember that?" I asked softly.

"I'll try" she shrugged.

I spotted the park close by and started pulling Heather in the direction of it. When we got there I went to the middle of the field and sat down pulling Heather between my legs.

"What color is my hair?" I whispered placing my chin on her shoulder.

"Green" she answered.

I pecked her cheek.

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

"I just wanted to take you here" I answered.

"Do you see that?" I pointed to a neon green bike someone had left at the park.

"Yeah why?" She furrowed her eye brows and turned to look at me.

"Do you know what color it is?" I glanced down at her.

Her face fell as she looked at the bike again.

"Michael didn't-"

"What color is my hair?" I cut her off.

"It's green but-"

"So look at the bike"

Her eyes glanced from the bike to my hair over and over again until she finally figured it out.

"It's green" she yelled.

"It is" I chuckled kissing her.

"Can we go back now?" She laughed.

"Why? Are you cold?" I asked placing my hands on her arms.

"A little" she smiled leaning against my chest.

"Then we can go" I kissed the top of her head then stood up with her in my arms.

"You mean a lot to me Michael" she said quietly as I carried her back to the apartment building.

"You mean a lot to me too" I smiled looking down at her.

"Your freezing" I chuckled.

"I know" she laughed with me.

"We're almost there" I smiled.