Chapter 4

-Kaylie’s POV-

“It’s just as I remember it.” I sigh, tears welling up in my eyes. I put my luggage down and sit on the bed in the middle of Niall’s old room. I rub the navy blue sheets on Niall’s bed between my fingers, letting the tears fall freely down my cheeks. I look around the rest of the room in our old flat. “Exactly, like I remember it.” I enforce, trying not to look at Harry. The way our scents are still stained in his sheets makes me cry harder. I pull my knees up to my chest and let my hair fall to the sides of my face letting my mind wonder back to that night.

That night that everything changed.  That night I made love to Niall Horan.

-Flashback-

I place the fry pan into the drying rack in between two plates. I silently watch how the bubbles slide off the surface and back into the sink of water. The slam of the front door snaps me out of my daze. I franticly reach back into the water, pulling the small brown plug out and placing it on the side. I reach for the tea towel and wipe my hands, hanging it up on the oven handle just before Niall stumbles into the kitchen.

He stands there in a plain white t-shirt, his favourite blue jeans and a pair of matching white converses. “Are those my shoes?” I ask gesturing toward his feet. He doesn’t answer, just keeps staring at me with his piecing blue eyes. I shift my weight from one foot to the other, feeling slightly uncomfortable and insecure.

I peep around him at the kitchen entry looking for the drunken girl he has decided to bring home. I raise my eyebrows in surprise at the emptiness, “You’re alone?”

“Yeap.” He answers popping the ‘p’.

I send him a look motioning for him to continue. When he doesn’t I turn on my heel and walk towards the fridge. “Are you hungry?” I open the door and the yellow glow lights up the food in front of me. Bending down, I began searching for something to make him when my eyes land on some chicken. “I can cook you some chicken? Maybe with some- oh-” His hands wrap around my waist startling me as he gently pulls me away from the door letting it swing close by itself. “Niall?”

In one swift movement he turns me around and pulls me close with his hands resting on my hips. “Niall-“

“Shh.” He pushes strands of my dark brown hair that has fallen out of my bun back behind my ear and begins to move from side to side. “Dance with me?”

“W-what?”

“Please?” He asks looking down at me.

I give him a confused look but then smile, placing my head on his shoulder and wrapping my arms around his waist. He leans down so his cheek is pressed against the side of my head and his lips are brushing against my ear. Goosebumps rise on my arms as I close my eyes and move along with him. Softly he begins to hum a tune and slowly begins to sing a song I’ve never heard before.

“Give me love like her,

'Cause lately I've been waking up alone,

Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt,

Told you I'd let them go,

And that I'll fight my corner,

Maybe tonight I'll call ya,

After my blood turns into alcohol,

No, I just wanna hold ya.”

I bite my lip and hold him tighter as I try to stop myself from crying. But this song and his voice, becomes all too much for me as my tears fall freely onto his white shirt. He rubs comforting circles into my back as he continues to sing.

“Give a little time to me or burn this out,

We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,

All I want is the taste that your lips allow,

My, my, my, my, oh give me love,”

His voice begins to crack as I feel his tears splash onto my shoulder and roll down my back. He pulls away and cups my face in his hands. His lips are so close to mine that I can almost taste the Vodka. We stand there in our kitchen, the rain on the roof and our breathing being the only sounds around us. “Where’d you hear that song?” I ask quietly.

“I wrote it.” He answers before crashing his lips to mine.

After a few moments it hits me like a tonne of bricks.

Niall. Was. Kissing. Me.

Nerves and heat collided and combined as I close my eyes, and then threw myself into the kiss that was everything that I had hoped for but nothing like I had planned.

His lips are softer than I had expected. His hands framing my face as he kisses the corner of my mouth, my cheek, my jaw, and back again. I feel the electric jolt of contact when our tongues meet. Letting out a breath, I deepen the kiss. Lightning flashed outside, completely illuminating the house in colours of blue and white.

He pushes me backward, motioning for me to walk without breaking our kiss. We get to the kitchen entry and he grabs my waist tightly and spins me around, pinning me to the wall. He pushes his lower body into me and pulls apart, resting his forehead against mine, his hand still cupping my cheek, “I love you KB, so much.”

Knowing that was the alcohol talking, hurt rushed through my veins but was slowly replace with lust and want for the blonde boy in front of me. The same boy that my family loved. The same boy that stuck up for me in school against the bullies. The same boy that shared his lunch with me no matter how much he loved his food. The same boy that moved to Dublin with me. The same boy I was deeply in love with.

“I love you, too.” I smile, meaning every word.

-End of flashback-

“I love him so much!” I cry, letting Harry cradle me in his lap.

He doesn’t say anything just hums a soft melody while playing with my hair. Finally he speaks up putting his fingers under my chin and pushing it up to face him. “How about I go make us a cup of tea and we can unpack while singing Celine Dion songs?” I smile at him and nod as he wipes my tears.

He stands up with me still in his arms and releases me as I place my feet on the ground. “And then will you help me pick my outfit for tonight?” I ask walking with him towards my old kitchen, ignoring the sharp pain in my chest as we walk into the familiar entry way that I haven’t seen for years.

“Of course,” he smiles pecking my cheek, “Now... um, where’s the kettle?”