03

Oh, god. What do I do?!

My heart started to beat unnaturally fast.

Komaeda...? Is that him?? I had to put a hand over my mouth so I didn't squeal out loud; it was about 5-6 in the morning and I couldn't risk waking anyone up.

Is that really Komaeda? They just called themselves trash, for gods sake! Should I risk it and ask it if it's him? I mean, the green coloring pencil it the same color as his jacket he wears.

Maybe it was just a coincidence...? I was hoping it wasn't, but I also was hoping it was. Oh well, I'm just going to risk it all and ask.

"So,"

...

I sat there for a minute, my mind racing. Didn't they just say they didn't want to tell me their name? I should just keep quiet until it admits who they really are.

The whole "trash" situation gave it all away... Is Komaeda really that dense? I hope not. If he actually is, I don't mind at all! After all, you're supposed to love your soulmates flaws...right? Of course.

Speaking of flaws, I didn't know Komaeda had such horrible handwriting! I can fix it, though.

Anything for my little Ko.

Anywho, is that really him? Could it just be my imagination? I reeaally don't want to get all hyped up for nothing.

Should I...should I what, exactly? I'm talking to a notebook, who could be my all time crush, at- what?- 5 in the morning?

I have to remember to be quiet.

I erased the little "So," I wrote down and taped the pencil on my chin. What should I say?

I should definitely not mention his name, no matter what. Ok...I'm just going to casually pretend it really is Komaeda...what would he want to talk about?

Oh, yeah!! I held my hand over my mouth from squealing out loud. Hope!! That's what he loves, right? He practically lives for hope! Gosh, I'm sooo smart!! Haha... I took a deep breath, and started to write.

"Ok...anywho, do you like hope? I'm very hopeful. I love ho-"

I panicked and quickly erased my words. I couldn't make it that obvious!! I sighed and scratched my head.

Is anyone up yet? It's like 5 in the morning, so no one should be up. I sat still and listened for any footsteps...

Nope! We're good. I smiled widely and tried writing again.

"Will do, sir! Anywho, what's your thoughts on hope?"

Hmm... Good enough! I set down the pencil and relaxed. Now all I have to do is wait for his- I mean- it's response. It didn't take any long for him-- it to respond.

"Oh. My. God!! I loooov hope!!! Hope es amazin!"

My eyes twitched at the horrible grammar.

I am now determined to help him- IT with its spelling.

I took a deep breath and noticed there wasn't much room left on the page.

What if it can't talk on the other page?? Oh no! I started panicking and held my face in my hands. I don't wanna loose this chance!

Oh my god... Oh my god!!

I tried steadying my breath and shakily stood up. I grabbed the notebook and pencil and shoved it far under my bed and jumped under the covers.

I could feel my eyes and nose itch and burn with hot, salty tears. I shut my eyes closed and hid under the covers.

I never responded to him.

What a horrible mistake. :c