1

-7 years ago-

Casey's POV-
"Do u have to leave" my 10 year old self asked the young boy in front of me.
"Yup. I'm so sorry Casey. I don't really have choice" he replied with sadness in him voice.

"Well before you leave, I-I actually wanted to tell you something" I say very nervously. I wanted to tell him I was in love with him but I wasn't sure how he felt the same. If he didn't, I would be crushed, but I guess here goes my nothing, hopefully I don't regret it.

"I love you, Andy"

But he's not saying anything back.

Now I start to panic.
Maybe this was a bad idea.

"As a friend of course, and I'm really gonna miss you" I said while bringing him in for an awkward hug. This is horrible.

"Oh thank god, I thought u meant as boyfriend/girlfriend, Cause i would never feel that way about you. You're like a sister to me" he responded.

Those were the few words that crushed my soul, 'I would never feel that way about you'.

"Well I got to go now, I'll try and call you everyday, I promise" he said while talking away from me, I faked a smile and say "ok".

Everyday after that he called,
But I wouldn't pick up. He hurt me so much with those few words. It was bad enough that no one else liked me and now my own best friend didn't even want to date me because 'he would never feel that way about me' and he thought of me as 'his sister'.

Well I guess now I don't have to see him ever again, that would have hurt even more, to have that reminded that not even Anderson Hill, my best friend, would go out with me.

He only saw me as his sister.