3

-Casey's POV

So school was interesting as I said it would be. Anderson has the same exact schedule as me. Every single class with me. Every single one.

The only good thing that happened was that I didn't get detention for being late thanks to Mrs. Harper. What's a saint, God bless her.

Anyway I'm on my way home with Mia, she always come to my house because her parents are always working and she hates being alone.

"So that was 'the Anderson Hill' from ur childhood" Mia brung up. I kind of figured she was going to do that. But I was still taken back by it.

"Yup" I don't really want to talk about but of course she's pushes it.

"Does he know it was you talking to him today"
"I don't know, probably"
"Are you gonna tell him?"
"I don't know, maybe" I said as we entered my house.

"Hey mom" I walked to my kitchen and saw her. She's a stay at home mom because of my little sister, Grace, she was a surprise baby to my parents after Anderson moved. She's six years old and today was her first day of second grade.

"Caseyyy" Grace said as she runs to me. I pick her up and kiss her in the cheek.

"How's my big girl, how was second grade" I asked while smiling.

"It was ok I guess" she so adorable.

"Did u make any friends"
"Yess this one boy, he was really nice to me" she said with a huge smile on her face.

"Sounds like a keeper" I said while thinking about Anderson. Sounds like how me and Andy met. Except none of the girls didn't like me only Anderson did or at least I thought he did.

"Oh girls, the new neighbors are coming over for dinner, and Casey I think you be excited to see who it is" she said excited.

"Why who is it" I said curiously. Hopefully it's not Anderson's family.

"You'll see and Mia-" she gave a stern look but, she was cut off with "Please let me stay, please" Mia was pleading with puppy eyes.
"Ok fine, just let your parents know you're staying for dinner" she sighed as she was cutting up some vegetables.

"If you need anything just yell for me" I yell from the top of the stairs.

I open the door to my room and let Grace and Mia come in. They take a seat on my bed and we just talk. Granted, Grace is a little girl so we can't talk about everything with her, we have to keep it PG. and I want to have that bond with her, so I try to keep her included.

*Couple Hours Later*

"Girls come down please" my mom yells from the bottom of the stairs. We got up from my bed and walked down the stairs.

I'm really not looking forward to this 'dinner' thingy. I dont like when my parents invite people to my house.

I hear music coming from the kitchen. So I start dancing my way to the kitchen with Grace and Mia behind me doing the same. We make our way through the living room first.

As soon as I walk through to the door, I regret everything. I see Anderson with his parents in my living room, while I was in mid- dance move, well this is embarrassing.

"Casey you remember them right? It's the Cathrine and Adam Hill. Andy's parents" my mom explained. Yup, I remember mom, thanks.

Wait!!! They live next door?!?!

"Oh, hi" I say with a smile, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh my gosh, is that Casey wow, you look so grown up, and beautiful too" Mrs. Hill compliments. It's been so long since I've seen them.

"Thank you Mrs. Hill, and you look great too" I said, hopefully not sounding rude. "Why thank you dear and please call me Catherine, your older enough now" she said with a genuine smile on her face.

"Well who's this cutie pie, she's looks like your mother" Mrs. Hill says staring at Grace.

"Oh, this is my little sister Grace" I explained. Mia decided to cough making sure I didn't forget about her. "And this is Mia, my best friend" I added.

"Oh so my Andy's out of the picture I see, well you really pretty Mia, nice to meet you" Mrs. Hill says. I can't believe she said that. That was really rude.

"Mom" Anderson said with the hint of annoyance in him voice. Why is she upset anyway, it's not like she was my best friend.

"Oh you've seen Anderson at school today. He's really happy to be back" Mr. Hill says, I'm guessing to ease the tension.

"Yea w-we meet at school today" I stuttered not knowing what else to say. I really hope my mom comes through those doors......any minute now.

"Ok, I'm back, dinner is in the oven. Kids why don't u go upstairs to Casey's room, or go for a walk, adult conversation might be too boring for you" there she is. We all get up and start heading out, I've decided that were not going to my room, cause it's MY room so instead were going for the walk.

"Cell phones on please, I'll call you when dinner is ready, oh but Gracie, u gonna have to stay" my mom yells for the living room.

"But whyyyyyy" Grace complains. "Don't argue with me Grace" she said and gave her a stern look. You know that look moms give, like you listen once or your gonna get slapped up, exactly the look she gave her.

"Fine" Gracie pouted and went to sit with my mom, while the rest of us went outside for that walk.

Authors Note
For those of u who have already read this chapter, I've made some changes if u haven't noticed but I think their good changes to the book. So I'm trying to pick up where I left off, hopefully it clicks well.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter just as much as I enjoyed writing it ☺️