Chapt. 4

Casey's POV

As we walked out Mia said she had to get something from her house and since she lived in the same neighborhood as me she just walked there. Leaving me alone with Anderson. As she turned the corner from my house my dad's car pulled up in the driveway.

Me and my dad aren't that close anymore. I had something things happen to me with one of his friends from work. He didnt want to believe me so he started yelling me for making up such lies. I cried for months. When high school started I changed, almost everything. I became a bitch, and started having sex, and I was just all around involved in bad things because that's what got me friends. I hated being alone after what happened with his coworker. After the Hill's family moved it was really bad for me. I didn't have any friends, no one liked me. So I had to do what I had to do in order for me ppl to like me.

Anderson was my anchor. He was my only friend. The only one there fotmr me.

I've tried talking to my dad but it's not like he was going to say something back. "Hey dad" I said while walking up to him, he looked around and noticed the the boy with me. So of course he had to say something nice to me.

"Hey sweetie-" he said like it was hurting him to say it "- who's this" he asked.

"It's Anderson Hill, remember him?" I say nervously. I didn't expect him to ask me a question.

"Oh wow, you've grown up, what are you doing here Andy" he said with such happiness. I haven't seen him like this in front of me in years. He goes to give him a hug, I can't watch anymore.

After his little scene with Anderson. Mia still isnt back yet. I feel weird about this scenario playing in front of me. Just as I thought me and dad were moving 2 steps forward, he's takes another 10 steps backwards.

"Where you guys going" he asked. But before Anderson could answer I did. "For a walk, mom said we could until the food was ready" I simple say while staring at him.
"Ok , be safe" Dad says. I simply nodded. "It was nice seeing you Andy, are you parents inside? " my dad asked walking away from me.

"Yea Mr. O'Donoghue, I'm sure they'll be glad to see you again" Anderson say as my dad walked up to our front door. "Ok son, I'll see you guys later, bye sweetie" dad added before walking into the house.

This is going to be a long night.

-5 minutes later-

"You don't talk much, anymore do you, Casey" Anderson asked the same question from this morning as he was walked up behind me. I just shrug at his question. Mia texted me before saying she might not be coming back since her dad was home and he didn't want her out late.

"You know I called you everyday when I was in Nebraska" he paused "and you didn't pick up once" he added with a hint of sadness in him voice.

I just stayed silent. Was he expecting an apology or something?

" oh c'mon Case, you gonna have to talk to me sometime" he said while looking at me.

"I'm back now" he nudged my shoulder with his. I turn to look at him, and I stare right into him eyes. Then his lips. I feel like every problem I every had was gone, just by being with him.

I sighed and looked away "I don't know what you want me to say" and that's because I didn't know what he wanted from me. It's not like I hurt him. And I really don't want to talk about this.

"Well you could apologize for not picking up everytime I called" he said like it was my fault.

"But I didn't hurt you, so I don't have to apologize for anything. You were the one who left me hurt the day you left" I let it all out.

My phone started to vibrate.

"Hello" I say into my phone
"Hey pumpkin, dinner is ready you guys can come back now" my mom explained on the line.
"Ok we'll be there soon" I said as I was about to hang up.
"Sweetie wait," she paused "how was it with your father, did he talk to you" she asked. I looked at Anderson as he was staring intensely at me, then started to walk away "it was fine I guess, he mumbled 'sweetie'"

"Oh ok that's good right"she asked.
"Yea until he saw Anderson, mom, he was so happy to see him" I say as my voice cracked at the end. But I can't let out the tears, not yet anyway.
"Baby it's gonna be ok" she reassured me, but we all knows it's not gonna be ok.

Authors note:
Idk, is the story good or nah? It's going better then expected soooo.

Hope u guys like chapter 4.