Ep 1: The Offer: Please Don't be Mad

"well, i suppose i wont be able to make money off of them now." Pete had just spoken to some 'associates' about his financial situation and they were.. less.. than optimistic to help out with it. to each they're own he supposed.

He sighed. The walk home was relatively shooting free as he was able to outrun the gentlemen about ten miles ago, at least when he reached home it would offer some peace.

Pete reached the house about five minutes later and after entering, plopped himself onto the couch rather unceremoniously.

He was lost in thought. Perhaps the house wasn't worth all this trouble. It was a pretty standard place, cozy, but nothing incredible.

Though then again. At this point it was less about the house, and more about saving his life.

He hunched back, arms buried in his face "how did i get into this?" He asked to no one in particular (though it was mostly to himself)

And was bringing Nick into this really necessary? It was nice having someone try and help out (rather spitefully but still) and as someone to keep him company but..

Wait..

Pete got up, scanning the room around him. "Nick!" He called out, but no response came. He got worried.

He hurriedly pulled out his phone and dialed Nick's number. The two had recently bought identical flip-phones, at Pete's insistence, as a way for them to stay in touch.

After a few, tense seconds. The phone rang.

"Yo"

"Nick, where are you!?"

"At the Mansion near the forest."

"WHY ARE YOU THERE!?

"The guy who lives here is offering me a job. Oh. Hold on i got to go.

BEEEEEP *Click*

Pete stood there for a few seconds before lowering his phone. This was BAD. Whatever that old kook had planned for him wasn't going to be good.

He ran towards the door hurriedly and slammed it open.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Meanwhile, in the Mansion

One thing Nick had realized soon after they left the main room was how BIG the mansion was.

They had walked for a good half hour and Nicks legs were about to give out. McGucket was silent trough out the entire walk despite Nicks best efforts to strike up some conversation. After a few failed attempts at some sort of interaction with the man, Nick had retreated into the depths of his mind.

He had done this his whole life whenever he was either annoyed, tired, or just uninterested in whatever the other person was saying. He started to think about the time he's spent in Gravity Falls. It hadn't been all that long, in fact thinking about it now, had made him realize how little he had done since he came here. He would have to fix that.

After staring blankly and absent mindedly at the floor for a few more minutes, McGucket finally spoke up "Okay pal! Here it is!"

It took Nick about two seconds before he started registering anything that was going on around him "u-u-uh what?" McGucket gave a hearty laugh at that "Wake up fella! It's your first job!" Nick blinked away the boredom from his eyes "h-huh? Oh yeah!" after rubbing his eyes, Nick finally saw where McGucket had brought him.

In front of him was a normal sized door (which was uncommon in the mansion) made of a fine oak and decorated with emeralds on the frame. McGucket turned to look at it "This here is my lab!" He paused "well it used to be, that is before a Fear Monger came in."