13. Goodnight

"You know... you could always come with us." Ashton said taking another sip of his soda, looking at me suggestively.

 With all the fuss about their departure in a couple of days, the boys were once again pretty busy. But Ashton found a little time to come for a walk with me to the park, so I wouldn't stay home being depressed on my own. 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "No I can't... You know that I have school starting in a few weeks. You're gonna be gone for two months. Or more.." I added disappointedly. 

"Still... You could come with us, stay there for a couple of weeks. Our house is big enough for one more, we could show you LA. Have you ever been in the US? California is beautiful." He grinned. 

I opened my mouth to talk but I didn't know what to say. There was no way I could go with them. 

"No, I have never set foot outside Australia. But I can't. I mean, you're leaving in two days, I have no ticket, nothing packed. I can't just get up and leave. I don't think my dad would be okay with that." I shook my head negatively. 

"Scar, we can easily buy you the ticket, you can pack the most important stuff in a day and if you forget something you can buy it there. We're not going to the North Pole. And about your dad... I think he will be okay." He smirked. 

"Yeah, I guess he and Joy wouldn't mind having the house for themselves..." I agreed.

"It's not just that."

I looked at him curiously. "What do you mean?" 

"I mean that your dad trusts Calum as if you were real brother and sister. He would let you go anywhere as long as Cal was around. Why do you think your dad was okay with you going to all these parties here in Sydney? He knew Cal would be there to take care of you." Ash explained softly. 

I furrowed my brows again. Was my dad not aware of  how my "brother" gave me the cold shoulder. I guess not. He always pretended to be nice when my dad was around. It still weirded me out how our relationship has and will change. 

"I guess" I answered, straight straightening my face. "Good thing he doesn't know what a crappy job Calum has done then... " I chuckled making Ash chuckle too. 

"Yeah well, you didn't need him. You had us. I think Mike, Luke and I did a fine job!" 

"Can't complain about that!" I agreed. 

"And I guess it's also a good thing James doesn't know that you guys almost hooked up." Ashton added out of nowhere making my heart stop. He had a mischievous look on his face, almost yelling out that he knew what happened between me and Calum. But how? Did Calum really tell him? Why would he? Did he tell all of them? What do I say now?

My jaw dropped but no sound came out. I still wasn't breathing and I felt like everything inside dropped. 

"W-What are you talking about?" I asked carefully and quietly, my voice still shaky tho. 

"Oh don't pretend like you don't know!" Ash laughed out loud. Was he finding this amusing? "I know about your little moment. He told us..." he grinned.

I still couldn't close my mouth and my eyes were open wide. I thought it meant nothing to him and he decided do share with his friends? "Why?"

"Why what?" Ash asked confused.

"Why did he tell you?"

"Jee I don't know... Maybe because we've been friends for years and share everything?" he chuckled.

"Oh com'on!" I pleaded not thinking this was at all funny. 

"Okay okay... to be honest we kind of pressured him into telling. We thought we could joke around and convince him that there could've been some sexual tension between you too and turned out we were right..."