6

Let me start by saying THANK YOU for all the votes & reads! You guys are Amazing x Infinity!! ;)

*
*

It was no coincidence that when she arrived at her apartment later that day, Kevin stood waiting.

"Look who it is." She greeted while unlocking her door, not surprised when he followed her in. "Tell me honestly, did you do it?"

"Honestly Liz, you're going to have to be a touch more specific."

"Did you murder Marcus Cooper?"

"Yes."

Stunned, she quickly closed the front door and lowered her voice a smidge. "How can you even say that so casually? You killed three people!" Realisation hit. "Oh my god, you are a serial killer!"

"What? No. Liz please just listen to me for a moment!"

"Who are you?" She suddenly said, retreating to the kitchen where she kept the knives just under the light switch.

"My real name is Kevin Thompson."

He said it with such certainty, she believed him.

"Then why did you kill them?"

He was exasperated and she could tell.

"Just tell me."

"I did it for you!" He burst out, frustrated at the situation, frustrated he couldn't find it in himself to use his power to make her believe.

"Me? Why?"

Running a hand through his brown hair, he sighed. "I don't know."

All negative thoughts vanished from her mind, and she startled herself when she stepped forward and hugged him tightly. "Thank you." She whispered.

After a moment he returned the gesture, unfamiliar to actual show of affection.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" He whispered back, his warm breath on her ear.

"Because no one has ever really cared for me or treated me like you have." Liz replied while pulling away. "Yes, it was murder and unlawful, but I'm not angry or sad, or even bothered. He deserved it, but I was a coward for not killing him myself."

"You're no coward, Elizabeth Bradley. You made it through your whole life after being treated like shit from that bastard, and your hands remain clean. Mine ain't that lucky."

A tear trailed down her cheek as she smiled. "Funny thing, then." She grabbed one of his hands and showed it to him. "I don't see any blood that hasn't already been cleaned."