7

That night, hidden in her office sat Jessica Jones. In a chair with her feet propped up on the desk, next to a thermos that held her best friend; whiskey.

Taking a swig, she thought over the visit from Ms. Bradley earlier. On how she recognized Kilgrave on the spot, but hesitated on revealing his location.

It was a completely mind shattering moment after she actually believed he could stay dead, and out of her life.

"Elizabeth Bradley." She muttered, as if being able to know more about her from just a name.

If she had met Kilgrave, Jessica was sure that he had planned it and was probably using this woman just to get a point across.

Either it was a threat or he had found a new... victim.

Jessica.

Spinning around suddenly, her fist dug into the wall, just missing Trish who stumbled back in surprise. "Did I catch you at the wrong time?"

"When is there ever a good time?" She responded, before taking another chug from the thermos.

"So.. Tough case?"

Jessica sighed as she leaned back in her chair, eyes closed. "Remember the suicide of Marcus Cooper and the two women that happened last night?"

"Yeah.. why?"

"Well I'm starting to believe it was murder."

"Someone finally get through to you?" Trish joked.

"Actually, yes." Her eyes opened as she straightened up. Eyeing her friend who now sat on the corner of the desk, arms crossed.

"A woman by the name of Elizabeth Bradley stopped by, who used to be Marcus Cooper's wife. Anyway she dismisses the idea of suicide. Then I showed her a picture of him."

"What picture?"

"Of Kilgrave. And she confirmed that she saw him two weeks earlier. I thought I was crazy Trish, at the scene earlier that looked exactly like something he could do. Now it makes sense."

"That's bullshit!" The blonde exclaimed. "You killed him. You snapped his neck. We both saw it!"

"And somehow he's back."

Silence settled for a moment, like an itchy wool blanket. Jessica took another long swig.

"He's back." She repeated. "And I'm afraid the woman who came earlier is his next target."

"Do you think he sent her here on purpose?"

"I wouldn't be surprised." She responded curtly. "But why a random woman?"

Trish fell silent. "What was her name again?"

"Elizabeth Bradley."

"It sounds familiar. Describe her."

"Shorter than me by a couple inches, dark brown hair... looks delicate, but has spirit."

Trish snapped her fingers. "She's a waitress at A Night in Paris. The one I told you has the best selection of wine!"

"Then I believe tomorrow evening, we should head over and check it out."

"One condition."

Jessica looked at the blonde with mild amusement as the other woman smirked.

"You get to pay for the wine."

"Very funny." She stated.

Trish blew an exaggerated kiss. "Tomorrow we shall dine in Pa-ree!"