The Great Game Part 3

St. Bart's Hospital

Everyone went to the place as it was 221C Baker Street. They found a pair of shoes. And the pink phone rang, telling Sherlock and Vera that they had 12 house to solve the puzzle.

Sherlock and Vera put on Lester gloves and started conducting various experiments with the shows to find out who owned them, and what happened to them. After 30 minutes of experiments, Sherlock is now looking through a microscope, trying to find a poison, and Vera is just examining the shoes herself. John later enters the lab.

"So, who d'you suppose it was?" John asks.

There is a text alert.

"Hmm?" Sherlock asks, ignoring the alert.

"The woman on the phone, the crying woman." John says.

"She doesn't matter, she's just a hostage. No lead there." Vera says not looking up from the shoes.

"For God's sake, I wasn't thinking about leads." John said.

"You're not going to be much use to her." Sherlock says, looking at the scanner. He sees "NO MATCH" and continues staring through the microscope.

"Are-are they trying to trace it, trace the call?" John asks hopefully.

"The bomber's too smart for that." Vera replies.

Then Sherlock's phone beeped again.

"Pass me my phone." Sherlock said not looking up.

"Where is it?" John asks looking around.

"Jacket, and not you John." Sherlock said, still not looking up.

John sighed as Vera got up and walked over to Sherlock, lightely putting her hand in his jacket pocket and pulling out his smartphone. She checks it.

"Text from Mycroft."

"Delete it."

"Delete it?" John asks.

"Missile plans are out of the country now. Nothing we can do about it." Sherlock says. John looks over Vera's shoulder and sees the text.

RE: BRUCE-PARTINGTON PLANS
Any progress on Andrew
West's death?
Mycroft

"Well, Mycroft thinks there is. He's texted you eight times. Must be important." John says. Vera sighs.

"Then why did he cancel his dental appointment?" Vera asks. John sighs.

"What?"

"Mycroft never texts if he can talk. Look, Andrew West stole the missile plans, tried to sell them, got his head smashed in for his pains. End of story. The only mystery is this: why is Sherlock's brother so determined to bore us when somebody else is being so delightfully interesting?" Vera says. Sherlock smirking at the last bit.

John then started talking about how there is a woman at risk and Sherlock said that doesn't matter because there are a lot of dying people in the hospital but crying with them won't make a difference. Just then, the scanner beeped. Saying that something was found, and that same moment Molly came in.

"Ah!" Vera and Sherlock both say.

"Any luck?" Molly asks.

"Oh yess." Sherlock replies triumphantly.

Then, a man in his mid to late 20s comes in.

"Oh sorry, I..." He started.

"Jim... hi. Uh, come in, come in." Molly says as the man walks closer to the others. Vera looks at the man. She smirks.