Feather Kisses

My lips frown as I lean my head against the door frame. "Where does he want this supposed 'meeting'?"

"In the middle of Arizona."

"Why? I mean, it's clear we're going to fight him and things are going to get ugly, but why the hell would he want a meeting?"

"I don't know, but I think we should go. He wants to meet at three in the morning, which will give us time to send out some of our people to scout out the area. This might give us an idea of exactly what we're up against. These are his representatives, and they'll help us get a read on him."

I nod, biting my lip as I considered this. "Who are the people that are going to scout?"

Zayn smirks happily. "I think you're going to be very surprised."

I shoot him a look, indicating that I wanted to know.

"Miss Carla and her trio of Amanda, Sunny, and Lavender. AKA your cleaning ladies. Miss Leda, who is that mean lady from the front office back at your high school. And Darla, the lady who cut your hair."

My mouth falls down in complete shock. There's no way.

There's absolutely no freaking way.

They were normal people.

"What are they?" I ask, the shock still not leaving.

"The maids are mermaids, Leda is a shapeshifter, and Darla's a demigod (daughter of Eirene, goddess of peace)." Zayn smiles triumphantly as Ashton carefully gauges my reaction. 

No way. I continue to shake my head in disbelief. Still, I can't seem to wrap my head around all of this, despite how hard I try. "If we're going to this, then we need to be badass."

"Pardon?" Zayn questions, looking confused. Finally. 

"Intimidation. We can't look afraid. I mean, I'm not sure if demons are afraid of anything except for daddy demon Lucy, but it's worth a shot. We have to look like we are going to be dropping to best bomb-ass mixtape this universe has ever heard. Tell the boys to get dressed, because we have work to do. Well, more work than we already have."

I look back and forth between Zayn and Ashton as they both laugh. "I like it." Ashton agrees happily.

"Me too." Zayn adds, the famous smirk finding a way back to his lips. 

"Good. Now, go get ready!"

I walk out, still only in Ashton's flannel. "Ash, depending on I'm not sure what, you might not see this flannel ever again." I say.

He just smiles as he casually leans his body against the door frame. 

~~~

Back in my room, I regretfully strip off Ashton's comfortable flannel and put it on the bed next to Edward's folded clothes.

Time to figure out my most badass look. We're talking Assassin Spy  Ninja level here.  

I pull on a pair of black skinny jeans, a black loose tank top that ends above my stomach, and black Doc Martins. There's a black leather belt wrapped around my waist. My tattoos are visible for sure. 

I remember when I was riding horses with Francis the other day, and how he told me Jared did the feathers and marking on the horses. Now there's something I bet I could pull off. 

I'll go find him once I'm finished here.

I waltz into my bathroom to curl my hair and add maroon lipstick to my lips. Finally, I work some magic with what I can find to produce two sets of black and silver strips on either sides of my eyes.

~~~

I walk determinedly to Edward's room- it happens to be closer than Ashton's- and knock on the door.

"Tabitha? You look amazing!" He looks surprised.

I can feel my cheeks turn a soft shade of pink. "Thank you. Can you tell me where Jared's room is? I need to ask him something."

"It's actually the door across from your's." He answers with a laugh. 

"Right, okay thank you again!" I turn to leave, and I swear I can feel his eyes burning holes into my back. My brain tells me it wouldn't be a good idea to look back. 

I knock on Jared's door.

"Come in!" He shouts.

I slowly open the door to reveal a shirtless Jared in blue bootcut jeans. On his face he wear's glasses with black b-frames.

"You look good." He comments, giving me a once over. "What can I help you with?"

"Francis told me about how you were the one to put feathers in the horses manes. Do you think you could do that with my hair?" I ask, feeling a little embarrassed. The thought seems almost ridiculous now. 

He smirks, raising an eyebrow. "Yes, yes I can do that. Kneel here." He says, pointing to spot in front of the bed.

I do as told, and nervously place my hands in my lap.

The bed dips down behind me, his bootleg jeans on either side of my body. His steady hands lightly run over my neck before I feel them working in my hair. 

Jared never pulls hard on the strands as he works the feathers in. Every time his hands grazes my neck, it sends shivers down my spine to what feels like my very core. I close my eyes and lean into his touch, letting him have complete control.

He swipes the hair over my right shoulder and I hear the sound of his glasses being placed on the bedside table. Hot breath lightly tickles the back of my neck as his lips come into contact with the skin.

"Finished." He mumbles against my skin; lips soft and full. 

He moves forward around the back of my neck to a spot under my ear.

"Beautiful." He mutters.

He moves his lip to my shoulder.

"Brave."

I turn to face him, a confused and worried look on my face. My lips parted, I don't stop him. 

Jared leans forward and kisses my forehead. "Cunning." He says.

He kisses the spot between my eyebrows. "Balanced."

The bridge of my nose. "Intelligent."

My left cheek. "Loving."

He hovers just over my full lips, both of our heartbeats pumping at irregular speeds. A steady hand comes to rest over my cheek, the other goes to my prominent collar bone. I put a shaking hand on his heart, feeling its strong and steady beat, my other hovers just over his face.

I bring it down from his face, and place it on his lips just as he was about to fill the distance between us.

His eyes tell me he understands as he lightly takes that hand and kisses it. He goes over every knuckle and vein, till ends on my palm.

"Thank you." I mouth, and softly kiss his forehead, lingering for a moment too long. I give him one last look filled with something I cannot identify. What am I feeling? 

~~~

Making my way downtown. or...ahem, making my way down the hall, I accidentally almost hit Dean.