Emerald City is the Best

When I got downstairs, I saw that the munchkin looked at me with a disgust that I had gotten so used to from other people looking at me the same way. I just smiled and walked over to the large pantry and grabbed my cereal, Magic Charms.

"King, I realize that you are needed here, but you are much more needed in Oz!" The munchkin said, and it took all my strength to not burst into laughing again at the sound of his voice.

"What is the trouble anyway?" My dad asked.

"Scarecrow thinks that Dorothy might have been able to connect to Oz and will return in the near future. You must be there to guide her if she does." 

"Well, that hardly sounds like a problem. She has been back to Oz many times, in fact, I saw her there before we moved to Fantasy Central two years ago." My father replied.

"Yes, we know this, Wizard King, but Scarecrow not only thinks, he knows that the Witch of the West's son is somehow onto it and is trying to sabotage her arrival, maybe even kill her." The munchkin said, almost slamming his hand on the green granite counter top.

"Humphrey, Scarecrow has been wrong before." 

"Oh no, sir, I know. But we have proof. Wesley, the Witch's son, had left a note where Scarecrow had been connecting with Dorothy. The night that Scarecrow had accidentally left the connecting room open, Wesley had gotten in and almost broke the machine enough that we probably couldn't have connected to her anymore." The munchkin now known as Humphrey said, getting up from the bar. He was almost to my dad's chest, while I, taller that my dad, only came up to my waist in height.

"That is serious." My dad said. "How many days do you think Dorothy will take to get to Oz?" 

"About two and a half weeks." Humphrey replied.

"That's perfect!" I yelled suddenly. I had gotten my cereal and started to eat it when I finally butted into the conversation.

"Your birthday is in two in a half weeks. I couldn't miss that, Meep." My dad said. He didn't seem to care that I had came into the conversation, and I didn't care either.

"Dad, why don't you stay until my birthday, and then leave the following morning?" I asked, smiling.

"Meep, I know you. The second I am gone you'll trash the house and miss school everyday." My dad said, waving my suggestion away.

"Dad, I'm serious. I'll go to school and I won't have parties." I said. "As much." I mumbled under my breath.

"How can I trust you after you snuck out last night?" He almost yelled.

"How did I sneak out? You saw me leave the room! You heard me shut the door behind me! You just stood there and didn't tell me what I could and couldn't do." I said.

"Meep, I want to trust you, but I can't. If you would be better at being good, I would, but I just can't when you act like you're one of Captain Hook's crew mates."

I stood there shocked.

"At least I don't try to go off and sell her daughter as someone she's not!" I yelled back.

"We will discuss this later." My dad said, and turned back to Humphrey.

"No, we'll discuss this now!" I yelled, slapping my hand to the counter. I saw my father's hand twist and my body suddenly straightened and my mouth clamped shut.

"Humphrey, may I show you to the guest bedroom? I need to figure some stuff out with my daughter and I believe it'll take a day or two." My dad said, leading the munchkin up the stairs. The second they were out of sight, my body relaxed and my dad's spell worn off.

I was so mad, I grabbed my jacket off of the couch in the living room in the next room over, my keys, and my helmet, rushing out of the house. I shoved my arms into the jacket and put my motorcycle helmet on my head, sitting on the black beauty of a machine and turning the key. The rumble of the bike felt soothing, but I was still raging mad. Over the roar of the motorcycle, I heard faint, angry footsteps behind me.

I flipped around and threw my magic from me, bursting my father's that he had thrown in mid-air. 

"You can't keep me locked up forever, you know!" I yelled, turning back around and pulling the handle to hear the roaring of the engine. The second I flipped the kickstand up, there was a hand on my shoulder. I shoved it off of me and looked to my right to see my dad grabbing the keys. He switched the motorcycle off and took the keys in his hand.

"No, but I can take away your keys." My dad said.

"Hey!" I yelled. My dad put his hand in front of my face, a ball of his green magic raging inside his palm.

"We are going to discuss this now, or you are under mind-arrest." He said. I pulled off the helmet and flipped my hair out of my face.

"Are you going to go after my birthday?" I asked.

"No."

"Then go ahead, I dare you to try." I said. My dad put the ball of magic down and grabbed my arm, pulling me off of the bike. "I knew you couldn't do it!" I yelled.

--------------------

That night, locked in my room, I decided to try something. Though my magic was weaker than my father's, I wanted to see if I could do it. 

I got up from my bed and went to my door, unlocking it by sticking my hairpin into the lock and twisting. That was the easy part.

When I was out, I went down to the living room and stood in front of the bookcase. Pulling books frantically, I tried to find the secret hatch. I had found it before by trying to find a book for a report when I had pulled a book and the entire case came out. When I finally found the same book that activated the hatch, I went down the secret hallway and found the box I was looking for. It was on a pedestal in the middle of the small room, a green light displayed upon it. Ignoring all the fancy-shmancy stuff, I opened the box and grabbed the object inside it.

When I replaced the book shelf and all the books I had pulled out, I went back upstairs and into my father's room. 

There, I climbed up the stairs to his bed and opened the special book that I had gotten from the chest.

It was my mother's spell book. Glinda's spell book. My father married Glinda the good witch. When I was very little, she had this book to record every spell that she had ever done, and she had never gotten rid of it. 

When I got to my father's bedside, I knelt down on my knees and put my hand above his face.

"You will go to Oz the day after Meep's birthday." I whispered, following the directions of hypnotism. I was to keep my ground and order it, sending magic into my father's brain.

"I will go to Oz the day after Meep's birthday." My father mumbled. I smiled. It had worked.

"Every time someone says Oz, you will do whatever they say and you won't notice." I whispered.

"Every time someone says Oz, I will do whatever they say and I won't notice." He mumbled. Oh I was going to have fun with this.

When I was finished, I walked out of my father's room and started to walk to the living room again to replace the book, but I did something better. I balled up some of my magic and sent it to the living room. It sent an exact replica of the book to the chest, while I had the real book.

I got back to my room and set the book in one of my closet drawers, covering it in some of my clothes, and then went to bed.

Emerald City, here my dad comes!