October 28, 2015

Once me and Isaiah woke up, we started driving again, after driving around for a little bit we ended up in a nice, cozy town, I couldn't remember the name, but it was adorable, we got some bread and Gatorade, and then made our way out of Kentucky, apparently. Thats where I had lived all my life, but I had no interest in being found by Dylan again. Me and Isaiah didn't talk much when he was driving.

It was around 3:30-4:00 PM when he pulled into the parking lot of hotel, it looked kind of nice from the outside we walked in, we had all of thirty bucks on us at the time, Isaiah knew a room would cost more than that but offered to bargin with the clerk at the desk, and as expected, managed to get us a room by paying in work. He would be working about eight hours a day to pay for the room. Breakfast was free for people who stayed in the hotel, which was us, so we had breakfast covered. We still needed to pay for other things as well, so I would try to get a temporary job, until we can figure out what was going on. I applied at a few places, Wal-Mart, Target,  McDonald's, etc. I didn't know if I would have a shot at any of those jobs, and I knew I wouldn't be getting them anytime soon, but better late than never. I was seventeen, not technically an adult yet, but teenagers get jobs too. Isaiah was eighteen, or thats what his ID said. A relationship between the two of us, would be legal, not that I should be thinking about that kind of stuff right now, I should just be focused on living.

The clerk ended up letting us keep our last thirty dollars, in return for two extra hours of work, tomorrow, or the next day, which wasnt a big deal, considering, neither of us would be going to school full-time right now. Although we did look at online schooling, for me to finish up the school year, and finish next year, or take a class to get my GED. But that would require a computer, there was desktop in our hotel room, but it moved as slow as my grandma. I needed a laptop, for this. And so we made jars, one to save up to rent a place, one for a computer, one for gas, one for a new car. It was a rough start. It was especially going to be weird living like this. We weren't together, but we would be splitting our money, and working together as if we were in a relationship. I liked it, but it felt wrong. We would have an "our goal" just like couples do, it was nice. He worked a few hours tonight, to lighten the load tomorrow. Once he had got in enough hours, he would be able to get a paycheck, a small one, but nonetheless a paycheck. It was around 7:30 pm when he came back to our room, we were both hungry, but trying to ration. We walked up to the corner store, and got some microwave food, and a two-liter. The total was $11.34, the price wasn't bad, we had gotten a few days worth of food, but it still made me cringe. Once we had walked back to the hotel, we realized we had been in the same clothes for several days. We stunk, and hadn't showered. By this time it was 8:15 Pm. We drove up to Wal-Mart. He bought a pair of cheap shorts and T-shirt. I got some women's running shorts, and a men's T-shirt, that way we could share.
Total: $21.32- we had all of a few pennies and dimes left.

When we got back, it was 8:52 pm. I took off my stinky clothes, took a shower and put on my new ones. Isaiah did the same, then took them down to the laundry room, which was thankfully free. When he got back I warmed up some ravoli, we didn't have much food, or much money so we shared. There was one bed, so we shared that too. It was a big bed, so we didn't worry about space, although, I wanted to be close to him, I was scared. So I told him that, and then he told me he was too, and he turned on Cartoon Network, and we cuddled.

But then, there was a knock at the door, we were both frightened, what if it was Dylan? Isaiah immediately ran up to the peep-hole, and then said "Oh no, Cas, we've got company!"