Chapter 6•

•ALICE'S P.O.V•

He stands to approach the door and his hands wrap around the knob before I call after him.

"Wait."

He turns swiftly a concerned look etched on his features.

"Thanks.... for everything." I almost whisper , my eyes focused on my fingers now fiddling nervously together.

"It's fine, I mean it must be hard adjusting ,everything's quite different around here" his slight accent comes out a bit making me giggle.

"Am I amusing you Alice?" He says with a smirk his face laced with mock anger.

"You just sound so....country" I reply fits of giggles threatening to escape from my lips.

He looks down at his palms, his face now turning a deep shade of pink.

"It's cute." I continue giving him a small reassuring smile while resting my hand on his.

His lips curve up into a crooked grin , making butterflies rumble in my stomach.

"Thanks"he replies smirking at my hand still rested on his. I quickly pull it off a blush creeping to my cheeks.

"your cute too"he cheekily remarks before removing himself off the bed and proceeding to the door.

"I didn't meant it like th-" but I don't get to finish my sentence before he's out the door and down the hallway.

I let out the breath of air that I've been holding in, and allow my body to fall back on the now lonely bed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"ALICE'S DINNERSSSS READDDY"

My sisters voice roars from down the stairs , waking me from my slumber.

God damn she's loud.

The sky outside is a charcoal grey prompting me that it's getting close to nighttime. When I reach the dining room , Harry's already seated there talking to a unfamiliar man that I obviously haven't met.

I'm seating myself across from Harry when my sisters enters the dining room with a tray of fried chicken and mashed potatoes.

"There you are, " she greets me a nervous smile on her face.

"This is jack, my boyfriend" she states making my mouth form an O.

"Yeah" she grins nervously her eyes begging me to react calmly.

I have a history of being very critical

Of my sisters boyfriends, after what happened with her past boyfriend Fred who would beat her, that bastard, I've been protective about who she dates. No one knew that Fred beat her but me. Not even my parents.

"Nice to meet you" I smile , not breaking eye contact with him.

"As you , " he smiles sincerely ,his British accent surprising me.

"I've heard alot about you."

"Have you?" I respond with fake glee,finally breaking eye contact with him to stare at Cali who is now seated beside him nervously rearranging her silverware.

"Yes, she says your into art,as am I"

"How perfect"I whisper rudely resulting in an awkward cough from Harry.

"Well how about we start dining " Cali announces trying to lighten the mood.

"How 'bout we." I mock cheer grabbing a plate of fried chicken and placing a leg piece on my plate

After a few minutes of silent eating.

I finally say something.

"So why are you here?" I prompt jack.

"Cali." My sister pleads for me to stop.

"Calm down I just mean in America, he has an accent"

"Well," he pats his mouth with a napkin.

"I was here on vacation, I have a bit of family and friends out here," he continues.

"I met Cali at the farmers market down the street, she was too short to reach the pees" he chuckles , making Cali chuckle also.

"And it was a Cinderella story from there" he finishes my sister Cali staring up at him, her smile from ear to ear.

"Are you going back?" I nonchalantly proceed taking a bite out of my almost finished chicken leg.

My sisters face is etched in horror.

"I mean don't you have family or work there?"I correct myself, making her expression ease.

"My job allows me to do it from anywhere-"

"What exactly is this 'job' ?" I press cutting him off.

He clears his throat uncomfortably.

"I own sunshine enterprises."

"Wait what?, like the milk company?!"

I exclaim.

"Yes." He states waiting for a reaction.

"So your like loaded?"

"Alice!" My sister pleads, her cheeks obviously flushed now.

Harry bites his desperately trying to hold in his laughter.

"It's ok hunny," he calms her.

"Yes I am." He chuckles at my choice of words.

"I think we're done here " Cali states standing from the table.

Jack stands after her planting a kiss on her cheek.

I use my chicken bone to make a fake gagging movement at there public affection earning a chuckle from Harry.

"Nice meeting you jack" I smile with fake sweetness before heading towards my room.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A knock sounds from my door and I know it's Harry.

"Come in." I yell , removing my fuzzy socks from my feet.

"You know your quite the charmer" he smirks , taking a seat at the edge of my bed.

"So I've been told" I reply, putting my boots neatly in my closet.

"What are you doing?" He says , resulting in a confused look on my face as I turn to meet his.

"I said I was gonna show you something earlier, you didn't think you were getting rid of me that easily ?"

"I-"

"Meet me outside in 10 min." He announced closing the door behind him as he exited my room.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Guys I feel like no one is reading so if there is someone out there who is plz comment or vote and ill atleast keep writing and not delete it :(

I LOVE WRITING THIS SO PWEEZ KAY BYE💕💕