Chapter twenty-two

Hey everyone, here's the next chapter for you all. It unexpectedly got finished faster then what I had first anticipated, plus its longer than the last chapter. Doesn't such a surprise make you happy? :)

Anyways, enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiden's P. O. V.

I had a sour taste in my mouth by the time my father pulled up into the parking lot of the school. A relieved expression made its way onto my face, replacing the bitter look that had been occupying it the whole ride to the school.

I quickly released my seat bell from its lock and placed my hand onto the car door knob, bag already slung over my shoulder, anxious to get out of this car with its stuffy air that suffocated me.

However, before I could open the door, my arm was grabbed in a tight grip, causing me to grimace in pain. I bit my lip, worry creasing my brow, but didn't turn my head to look back at my father, unable to bring myself to do so.

"Remember what I said, don't even dare to go near that faggot," Father warned.

I shuddered as I could feel his breath against the back of my neck. An ominous feeling that caused me to grow wary once again spread goosebumps along my skin.

"I know," I said through gritted teeth and yanked my arm away from his hand.

I then threw open the car door and hurried away, not bothering to close the door behind me. Anger radiated off me in waves, my fathers actions obviously causing me to almost lose my composer.

Hate filled me to the brim, and I wanted so badly to cry right now from how unfair my life had turned out to be, but I suppressed this urge to give into my weakness. Instead I breathed in and out deeply a few times and calmed my agitated nerves down.

Gripping my book bag strap, I put on a brave face and made my way into the school building.

However, I knew this courage wasn't going to last long, nor will I be able to do what my father wants of me.

The reason I say this is because I share four classes with Nathan, making it almost impossible for me not to interact with him, because a some point, I'll be forced to socialize with him, be it caused by external or internal workings.

And when that happen, if my father finds out, then there is no tell what he will do to me or Nathan when fueled by his anger.

I could only pray to whatever higher being out there guarding this universe, that Nathan won't try to talk to me. But I knew that this wish of mine would not come true even as I thought it.

I can always hope though.

I let out a sigh as I maneuvered the school hallways, my eyes scanning around as I searched for Nathan.

My plan was that whenever I see him, I'll avoid him like crazy, that way I won't have to deal with him as much. Of course, this wasn't the best of plans, as I still have to deal with him during class as well as lunch.

How long would I be able to keep such a pretense up before I fail miserable and screw us both over because of my incompetence.

That was the real question right there.

I probably won't even last a day, given Nathan's personality.

I'm sure Nathan will find some way to get me alone to talk to me. It was just a matter of time.

I couldn't help but be depressed because of this, as Nathan would know no better, as he has no idea about what my father said, or what my father would do when he realizes we've made contact.