Chapter Three: Wedding Planning And Reunions

[Edited]

"I mean I'm team Zadam and everything but I don't want you to rush into anything." -Isa Amin, IASWAP

CHAPTER THREE: Wedding Planning And Reunions

Zamzam Amin

Two weeks have passed now and I finally was ready to give my answer to Adam. At first I wasn't sure what I wanted but after I talked with my family and friends, I finally came to a conclusion. Right now I'm meeting up with him so I finally could give him an answer. Letting out a sigh, I opened the entrance to StarBucks and saw him sitting there patiently as he tapped away at his phone. Wow this feels so déjàvu, seeing him sitting there drinking his coffee. It's like the last two years that passed by never happened. It feels just like I'm back in high school.

Back to where it all started, with that crazy dare that ended up changing both of our lives for the better. "Hey, sorry I didn't realize you were standing there." He immediately put his phone away and gave me a breathtaking smile. I swear for a minute it felt like my heart was about to stop all together. Be cool Zam, I thought to myself. I don't want to be like one of those girls who easily falls for a guy and goes crazy over them. I'm better than that. "It's fine." I replied hastily as I sat down on the opposite side of him.

"I'll go get you your drink." He said as he got up. "A caramel frappe with extra caramel right?"

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. How did he know what drink I liked? "I should know because the caramel took forever to come off." He added with a laugh. I looked down in embarrassment, darn my clumsiness! "Yeah, sorry about that once again." I responded sheepishly. "It's okay, being clumsy is part of your charm." He winked at me as he walked away. After a couple of minutes he made his way back to the table with my drink in his hand. "Thanks." I said gratefully. Just as I was about to give him cash he stopped me midway. "It's okay you don't have to repay me or even thank me. Just seeing you smile is enough." He stated.

Since when did he get so nice?

"So, have you given it much thought?..." He trailed.

"I accept your proposal." I responded abruptly.

"Really?" He asked with genuine excitement in his tone.

"Yeah." I responded with a smile. "But don't make me regret it." I half joked. "Don't worry, with me, you will always be on cloud 9 In Shaa Allah." I could feel how sincere he was as he said that. At first I was furious with him for not even bothering to return my phone calls but now I think I understand. He wanted to stay away and focus on himself and his relationship with Allah. In the beginning I couldn't see that but now I am starting to.