Chapter 1

"Karina! If you don't get out of that shower, you will lose your bathroom privileges AGAIN!" The beta jack yelled to me. I hadn't realized I've been in here for so long. I turned the water off and got out. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw all the past scars and bruises. I have a fresh bruise on my stomach from last night. Jack said I wasn't moving quick enough getting him his drink so he punched me. I then remembered I'm supposed to be making breakfast. I threw my hair into a bun and put on a t-shirt and shorts and converse. I ran down stairs and started cooking hoping no one will notice it's late. The alpha came in and smacked me across the face. "Why were you late!" He asked me. I knew from experience not to make any excuses. "I'm sorry" I said going into a ball protecting my body from the next hit. He growled and was about to swing at me again when the warning alarm went off. We were under attack. The alpha left me and all the warriors ran outside shifting into their wolves. I got up and ran to my room. Now is my chance to escape. Elena please come back to me. I need you, we can leave and start over. I was trying to contact my wolf she hasn't talked to me in years she was as broken as I am. I began to feel her coming back. Lets do this. She actually responded. I packed a bag quickly and ran out the back door and quickly past everyone and into the woods. I then shifted which I haven't done for 3 years. It hurt so bad but i pushed through the pain as quickly as i could. I picked up my bag in my mouth and ran as fast as my paws could go. Dodging rocks and trees and everything else that was in my way. I hid in a cave I found when I was younger at the edge of our territory. I'll wait until they're gone. After about 45 minutes I heard someone coming. I listened and it sounded like a whole pack. Must be the pack that attacked mine. I moved deeper into the cave. I hope they don't find me. "Hey guys I smell something" someone called out. Oh shit i said in my mind. Next thing I know I'm being dragged out by three wolves. Some of the pack surrounds me, even though I'm weak I still will not die without a fight. I growl at them trying to be intimidating. One wolf lunges at me and bites and holds my neck. I squeal from the pain. One wolf shifts back to human form. Standing there in all his glory. "I am the beta you'll be taken to the alpha to decide what to do with you. Don't expect him to show you mercy. Alpha Damon doesn't do that" he told me. Did he say alpha Damon? He's been killing packs for no reason these last 6 months. I'm a goner for sure i thought. I guess he didn't come with his pack or he already left because they dragged me to a large house. The wolf that was dragging me dropped me and howled. A large man appeared. He was about 6'2, dark hair, and very muscular. Elena began howling in my head and screaming mate. Oh no. No it can't be him. I can't have him as a mate. He came up to me and saw my neck. It was bleeding from the bite. "EVERYONE SHIFT TO THEIR HUMAN FORMS NOW!" he yelled. Everyone around me began shifting, I stayed a wolf. I didn't want to be naked in front of all these people. Damon grabbed the guy that carried me and punched him. "Listen up. This is my mate no body lays a hand on her but me. Don't even breath in her direction. You're dismissed" Damon said. The guy got up and had blood on his mouth and everyone scattered. He came up to me and took his shirt off. "Shift now"he demanded. I whined but didn't want to disobey him. I shifted and he gave me his shirt. I put it on quickly and walked to the house following behind him. He took me to a room upstairs on the third floor. We walked in the room and I stood there looking around. "Sit"he told me. I sat down and kept my eyes on the ground. "This will be your room, I'll have clothes ordered for you. You will always dress with class. Anything I say you will do no questions asked. I am the alpha, I don't care if you're my mate."he said. That mad my wolf angry. "So what I'll just be your slave for the rest of my life! I don't think so. Mates are equals. Just reject me and I'll leave" I said with courage that I didn't know I had. His eyes went black with anger. "You still never speak to me like that again or I'll rip you apart i dont care if you are my mate, theres plenty of there she wolves willing to throw themselves at me "he said before slamming the door. I cried into my pillow that night. Will I ever be happy?