chapter 6

Karina p.o.v

I sat in his bed, taking in his scent.  Trying to figure out my feelings for Damon. He was a monster and then sweet but then i learned about this law.  What if he's just being nice cause he has to and not because he actually wants me.
Tears begin to fall down my cheeks. Nobody ever wants me, why would now be any different. I got up and went downstairs and out the door. I jumped and shifted and took off into the forest. I had everything going through my head all at once.
I stopped in the middle of the forest when i smelled a familiar scent. 
"Oh no" i said and took off back to the house as fast as my paws could take me.  I had the house in sight and right before i made it i got taken out. I growled trying to act tough.  Knowing if this huge wolf attacked me id be a goner. He got into attack position and i knew just who this was. 
It's jackson. I looked around for help and spotted mason out looking into the shed. 
I couldn't mind link him because i technically wasn't apart of the pack yet.  I did the only thing i could think.  Right before jackson charged at me i put my head up and let out a howl for help.  Mason quickly turned around and saw jackson about to attack me. He shifted fast and ran towards me. Jackson lunged at me and knocked me over. He was on top of me and i couldn't push him off.
Mason then knocked him off of me and attacked me. They began fighting intensely. All you heard were growls and occasional whines from when someone got bit or scratched badly. Soon other pack members ran out and shifted and jackson took off running with all of them hot on his tail. I looked to the porch to see Damon standing there angrily.
I walked over and whined to him. His eyes softened and took off his shirt. I couldn't help but stare at his 6 pack and large muscles.
"Kitten are you okay? Hello?" Is all i heard before i realized he was talking.  I looked at him and turned my head slightly to the right.  He put the shirt down and turned around. I shifted and quickly put on the shirt. He turned back around and took my hand in his and lead me into the house and all the way to our room. Yeah i said our room.  I sat down on the bed and waited for him to speak. 
" karina if you want to go for a run come get me and ill go with you. Simple as that. You could of gotten killed today.  Then what? I'll lose everything. You, my pack,  my alpha status.  Everything. " he told me sternly. 
I looked up at him ready to speak but once again got distracted by his body. It's not my fault is nice and he decided to wear no shirt. Well maybe it is cause he had to give me his shirt.... oh well im still blaming him. 
"Karina are you even listening?" He said. 
"What? Oh yeah.  Im sorry i know....sorry" i said.  All of a sudden his eyes went to a dusty black. 
"Kitten i know when you're lying. And i can smell your arousal in the air. You're not paying attention to what im saying. You're paying attention to what i look like" he said inching closer. He came just millimeters away from kissing me and someone knocked on the door. He sighed and went to the door and opened it.
"Yes mason what is it" he said.
" Well we chased jackson all the way to the end of the territory. We would of kept going but i smelled a large pack in that area. We didn't have enough to defend ourselves. I think jackson has a pack" mason said. 
Damon nodded his head and mason left. I could tell he was talking to his wolf about what to do. I stayed quiet until they were finished. When i saw he was done i got up and went over to him and hugged him tightly. He seemed confused at this but soon hugged back.
"What's that for?" He asked.
"For everything you've done for me, for everything you been through and didn't have someone. Just everything" i told him. He kissed the top of my head.  "Just answer this. 
Do you actually want me? Or just want me cause you need me to be alpha?" I asked him. He looked shocked that i would ask that. He took me to the bed and sat us down. 
"Listen im sorry about the bad stuff. I just don't know how to love. I will try though because i do love you. I feel it.  Just know i want you.  If i didnt i would of told them to take you back to that cave and leave you there.  You're mine" he said. I smiled and nodded my head.  He got up and kissed my cheek.
"Alright kitten i have to go deal with some business. Ill be downstairs in my office if you need anything." He said heading to the door. I nodded and he left. I laid down and continue to think about how exactly i feel.

Damon p.o.v

Damn all this alpha work is stressing me out. I just need one day off and just spend a day with my kitten. Then maybe she'd believe me when i say im sorry and love her. I honestly at first didnt think i would but i do.
I continued going over everything that happened today in my head. Jackson? An alpha to a pack? You can move up in status but its a lot of work. Makes sense now how he attacked the luna while still in my pack.
My commands were pointless in a Sense. You dont have control over another alpha like you do with pack members.  And soon as i think that no other then brittany walks in. Here we go with the whinning.
"Alpphhhaaaa i have a problem" she said coming over and sitting on my desk. With her short skirt on and x-small tank top.
"What is it now" i said rolling my eyes and still continuing to write. She then slides in front of me and opens up her legs wide. I look at her confused. "Brittany im not a gynecologist. Do you need to go and get checked?" I said.  She got angry and stormed out of my office. I laughed and continued my work.
  3 hours passed and i decided to stretch my legs.
I got up and went around checking in on my pack members.  Seeing if they need anything or have run into trouble.  I make list of things for those who do.  I'll give the list to mason and he'll take care of it.
I go back to my office and before opening the door i smell my mates scent inside.  Usually i would get mad about those who go in my office when im not in there but its her. Plus i told her to come find me in there.  I walk in and close the door behind me.  She turns around fast like i startled her.
"Im sorry. I didn't mean to come in when you weren't here.  I just....im sorry" she said suddenly looking down and hugging her own body tightly.  I wonder why she's always so nervous around me and everyone else.
"It's okay kitten.  What's up?" I asked.  She sat in my chair and walked over to her and sat on my desk.  She seemed to be gripping one side of herself. 
"Karina what's wrong love?" I said.  She looked up at me.
"Just when jackson attacked me he hit the same spot my old alpha used to.  Im just in pain" she said and i growled lowly.  I helped her up and pulled up her shirt slightly to see a bruise on her otherwise perfect caramel skin. "Go up stairs to bed.  Ill bring you some ice to numb it a bit" i told her.  She left without a word.
Her old alpha beat her? I thought while i was going to the refrigerator and getting her some ice. 
I got up the stairs and went into my room to see her laying down on the opposite side her bruise was. I gently set it in there. 
"Between the ice and werewolf healing you should be fine by tomorrow" i said to her.  She smiled at me.
"I just want you to know that even though you have a dark side you show people. You have a soft side. Especially to me. And I've been thinking and i love you to" she said.  My wolf immediately jumped for joy inside of me. I smiled at her, amazed those words came out of her mouth.