chapter 4

Karina p.o.v

I woke up feeling refreshed for the first time in years. I rolled over and saw Damon sleeping in his chair. I got up and went to the bathroom. 
I took a shower and got ready. I came out of the bathroom and saw damon laying in bed watching tv.
"Sorry...did i wake you?" I asked.  He looked over and got up and headed towards me.
" no you're fine. Go down and have breakfast" he told me. I nodded and headed out and down the stairs. I sat at the big table with everyone else. Mary sat next to me.
We got our food brought out again. Damon came into the room and sat at the end of the table. He began eating and so did everyone else. I dug in and ate most of the Plate. I thought about what happened last night. How damon opened up.
I now could see why he was so angry and also mean to me. Someone came rushing in and whispered something to Damon. Damon got angry instantly.  He stood up and looked at all of us.
"Theres wolves outside, everyone come with. Children go to the basement and do not open it for anyone. Ill come and open it with the security code when its safe. Karina stay by my side at all times" everyone began moving. I followed Damon to the door.
He waited until everyone was out and shifted. He then led me out and stayed slightly behind him.
"Why are you here" he asked. " ive come to remind you that you have exactly 1 month left to find your mate and mark her or ill take your territory and your pack. You know you are a weaker alpha without one." The man said. I growled low " i have found her now leave" Damon said.
"You haven't marked her yet. I got time." The guy turned and left with his pack. Damon turned and told the warriors to make sure he left the territory. He then walked away from me. I waited there a few moments. Thinking about what just happened. Mark me? I forgot all about that. My wolf purred with excitement, but i was scared.
Yeah he's being nicer now but what if its all an act. He's never even hugged me or even introduced me as the luna. I went to find him so we can talk about this. I followed his sweet chocolaty scent and stood at his office door. I knocked and he said come in.
I opened the door and walked in. I closed the door behind me and walked and sat at the chair in front of his desk. " whats going on?" I asked him. His fists tighten and he looked to the floor. "Long ago there was this law set up between my pack and that guys pack.
If an alpha didn't find his mate and mark her by 21 they'd take over the pack and territory. Ill be 21 in 2 months" he told me. I nodded my head in understand.
"But you push me away and i don't even know how i feel about you...theres something there but i don't know because I'm so scared of you" i said. He got up out of his seat and came over to me. He got down on his knees and looked me in my eyes.
"I feel something too. I told you why im like this. Im willing to try for you though. Only because you're my mate and i don't think i could resist you anyways. But i am sorry for the way i acted, you got me on my knees....you got the big bad alpha on his knees for you " he said.
He grabbed my hand and kissed it gently. "I want what my parents had" he said. A tear escaped my eyes and i smiled. "That was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me in a long time" i told him. Someone then walked in without knocking and began laughing and pointing at Damon. "Karina this is my soon to be dead beta mason and my best friend. If im not around, go to him." He said. I nodded and greeted mason.
"Well seems like the mate bond got you already i see." Mason said laughing and leaving. Damon shook his head.
"Okay kitten, i need to do some alpha business. Ill find you when im finished okay?" He said to me walking back to his chair. I got up and left and decided to go for a walk in the woods. I shifted into my wolf and continued to walk. I came to the cliff of the moutain and laid down.
I looked at the amazing view and breathed in the fresh air. I heard a whine behind me. I turned around and saw a giant black and grey wolf standing there.
I immediately knew it was damon. I got up and walked over to him. He circled me starring closely. He nuzzled my muzzle with his. He then took off trotting and i followed him. We played all day together until the sun went down.
We finally made it back to the house. He shifted back first and put on shorts. He handed me his shirt and i went behind the shed and shifted and put the shirt on. He took me up to his room and i showered first then him. I laid in the bed and watched him on his laptop in his office.

Damon p.o.v

"You know kitten, its not polite to stare" i told her. I heard her giggle and i finished up with my emails. "Damon are you going to sleep with me" i heard her sweet voice ask me.
My wolf jumped with joy with the thought of finally holding his mate. I smiled at her "if you want kitten". She held her arms out and i got up and walked towards her.
I noticed her eyes were blue instead of her normal gorgeous bright hazel eyes. I knew her wolf was out. I laid down with her and she laid her head on my big muscular chest.
We laid here for awhile until i finally heard her sleeping. Only then did i go to sleep, after i knew my kitten was sound asleep.