Chapter 3- Louis' Secret

Later on that night, I went into Louis’ room. When I walked in, he had headphones on. “Louis!” I yelled. He didn’t hear me, he just kept listening. I walked up to him and waved my hand in his face. “Earth to Louis!” I yelled. He looked up and took his headphones off. “Oh, hi Natalie, what’s up?” he asked. “Not much, got bored so I came in here” I said. “Do you only come in here when you’re bored? Don’t you come in here for me?” he asked. I laughed. “Of course I do silly, cause you’re my best friend” I said. He smiled. “That’s me! No one can change that” he said. I laughed. While looking at him, something caught my eye. I looked past him and something was shining under his pillow. “What’s under your pillow?” I asked. His facial expression turned from happy to worried. “Nothing” he said. I looked him in the eyes. “Louis William Tomlinson, don’t lie to me” I said. “I’m not” he said. Suddenly, I dove over him and reached for his pillow, he grabbed me and tried to pull me away. “NATALIE NO!” he yelled. He tried to hold me back, but it didn’t work. I grabbed the thing under his pillow and pulled it out, I was shocked. It was a pocket knife…and the blood was fresh. Louis turned away from me, I looked at him. “Louis…what have you been doing?” I asked. “I haven’t done anything” he said. Suddenly, I noticed something. Louis is wearing a sweatshirt, and it’s summer…I can’t believe I didn’t notice it before. “Louis…lift up your sleeves” I said. “No” he said. “Louis” I said. “I SAID NO!” he yelled. I grabbed his sleeves and pulled them up. Louis’ arms had 5 cut marks on each arm, and they were still bleeding. “Natalie…I didn’t…” he began. I started to cry, he lifted my head. “No, no, Natalie please, this is exactly why I didn’t want you to know” he said. “Why didn’t you tell me? Louis, this is wrong!” I said. He grabbed a towel from the floor and wiped the blood off his arms. “How long have you been doing this?” I asked. He looked away with a look of guilt in his face, he sighed. “About…a year” he said. “A YEAR!? LOUIS!” I yelled. More tears poured down my face. He brought his hands up to my face and held my cheeks. “Natalie, please stop crying, I can’t bear to see you like this” he said. “Louis, you’re only hurting yourself! Why are you doing this anyway!?” I asked. He sighed. “Things haven’t been bright since the break-up” he said. “Really Louis? You’re still upset with the break-up with Eleanor?” I asked. “Well that’s not really the reason, there’s more to it” he said. “Well, what else is there?” I asked. He looked me straight in the eyes. “I…I can’t tell you” he said. “Why?” I asked. “You wouldn’t react well” he said. “How do you know?” I asked. “I…I just know” he said. I sighed and grabbed his hands. “Promise me you’ll stop…please…for me?” I asked. He sighed and smiled. “Alright, I promise” he said. I smiled. “Thank you Louis” I said. He grabbed my waist. “Anything for you” he said. He started tickling me, I was cracking up. “Lou..Louis! St…STOP!” I yelled. I couldn’t stop laughing. “If you want me to stop, fight back” he said. I was able to get my leg around his and trip him. He fell down beside me and flipped me over. I landed on top of him, we couldn’t stop laughing. It was only after I stopped laughing that I noticed how close we were to each other. Our faces were only a few inches apart. I giggled a little. “Well, this is a little awkward” I said. We both laughed. Yeah, this may be awkward…but why do I feel like I want to stay like this?