Chapter 13- Best Man In The World

“Did you like the song?” he asked. The crowd starting chanting. They were chanting “yes!” over and over again. I laughed. “Yeah, I did, it was sweet” I said. Louis slowly moved his hands onto my waist, the crowd went crazy. “So…I’ve ran out of words to say” he said. Everyone laughed, so did I. “You would do that in a situation like this” I said. He pulled me closer to him, everyone watched in anticipation. “I’m guessing you know what I’m trying to do” he said. The girls started screaming and chanting “kiss!” over and over. I just stared and smiled. I talked quietly so only Louis could hear. “Don’t be afraid because of all these people, just kiss me already” I said. He smiled. “So I’m guessing…” he began. I wrapped my arms around his neck. “Just kiss me you bastard” I said. He laughed. He leaned forward, and it took only a few seconds for our lips to touch. The audience went crazy and the lads were all high-fiving each other. A minute later, we came apart. He fixed my hair and smiled. “Natalie, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked. The crowd pleaded with me to say yes. I laughed. “I think the audience already spoke for me” I said. He picked me up and twirled me again. He kissed my forehead and looked into my eyes. “You ready to watch the movie?” he asked. I nodded as he grabbed my hand and we walked to our seats. The whole time during the movie, I laid on Louis’ shoulder and watched the amazing moments on the screen, I was even in the movie! I never thought I’d leave the premiere tonight with a new boyfriend, and that boyfriend would be my best friend. Things were basically normal from that point on. I got a few threats and rumors spread about me cheating on Louis, but I ignored the threats and Louis never believed the rumors, we both know we’d never do that to each other. Everything was normal, until we reached 26. It was a normal morning. I woke up in my warm, comfy bed, but of course, without Louis next to me. Louis still had 3 weeks left on tour, which means he won’t be home for today. Today is an important day…it’s August 20th, 2018, mine and Louis’ 5 year anniversary. It sucks he’s not here for it. Halfway through the day, the phone rang. I answered it. “Hello?” “Hey Natalie! It’s Niall!” “Hey Niall! What’s up?” “Not much, listen, I’m in Doncaster at the moment because I had to drop off a package for you. Can you go to the front door and check?” “A package? What is it?” “You’ll see, bye.” I hung up and went to the front door. I opened it and saw a huge box on my doorstep. I opened the top and suddenly, something jumped out. I screamed and fell back. I heard a familiar laugh, I looked up at the box. “Sorry babe, I didn’t mean to scare you” Louis said. I smiled and tears started rolling down my eyes. “Baby! You’re home!” I yelled. I got up and hugged him. “I thought you still had 3 weeks left” I said. “I do, but I had to come back for our anniversary. And of course…for this” he said. I stopped hugging him and looked down. He had a diamond ring in his hand, I gasped and covered my mouth. “Well? What do you say Natalie? Be mine…forever?” he asked. I was speechless, all I could do was nod. He slid the ring on my finger and kissed me. Our wedding was a few weeks later. Louis and I, now 36, have 3 kids, 2 daughters and a son. Our older daughter, Nicole, is 8. Our younger daughter, Louisa, is 3. Our son, Kyle, is 6. Louis and I live a long, happy life together. Just letting all of you know, never rule your best friend out as a potential partner. You never know when your feelings could change, trust me, I know.