Ready To Go

"I don't understand" Harry told Niall.

"It says there's a Pokémon literally right in front of you what don't you get?" Niall walked over to him taking the phone away, swiftly lifting his finger, swiping upwards on the screen and capturing the Weedle.

They were both aimlessly walking around The Regents Park near the London zoo. Niall had recently downloaded 'Pokémon GO' and immediately called up Harry to go capture Pokémon with him. Niall knew little about Pokémon until that game came out. He binge watched season one, Indigo League, in one week and did his studies to know the names of at least 40 Pokémon just by image. Harry on the other hand did not know a single thing. If you asked him to name a Pokémon he wouldn't even know whom Pikachu is, he would simply ask 'What's that?'. It had Niall furious, and he decided to teach him all he could about Pokémon, but Harry was not into it.

"My feet hurt." Harry whined, dragging his feet behind an excited Niall.

"Harry you can't stay in your flat practicing all day. Get some fresh air, act like a normal functioning human being for once! Its the 21st century, there are hoverboards, man has gone to the moon, people are getting discounts at pizza places depending if your on team valor or team mystic on an app." Niall lectured as he continued walking around looking for more Pokémon.

Harry sighed. "First of all, hoverboards suck. You can fall of them easily and they don't even hover! They have wheels. I could make things float if I wanted to. Second of all, man went to the moon in 1969 so you're off a few decades. And third of all, it's a stupid app."

Niall gasped and put a heart on his chest, acting offended.

"You did not just call Pokémon GO stupid!" Niall yelled.

Harry stepped closer so that people couldn't hear him. "And anyways I should be in my flat waiting for my familiar to arrive. I've been waiting ages for one. I'm hoping for a ferret those things are so cute..." Harry trailed off, thinking about how cute it would be for a ferret to be sitting peacefully on his shoulder and helped him while he was practicing spells.

"I'm sure your coven wouldn't mind if you left your humble home for a few hours and got some sunlight. Oh my god! There's a Snorlax!" Niall ran off to a bush to collect the Pokémon and harry followed.

"You don't understand... they show up randomly. It would look weird if I was in the middle of Walmart and an animal appeared out of no where and followed me throughout the store." Harry flinched as Niall yelled profanities when the Snorlax escaped.

"If they show up randomly how do you know it's going to pop up soon?" Niall questioned as he put away his phone.

"Most people in my family got it around the age of 14. But I'm 22. Most of the people in my coven got it around the age of 17 so now I'm just depending on the fact my fathers showed up when it was 22. Only few people get it out of the usual time frame of their family or coven. No one knows why familiars show up like that but I would like to be alone with my familiar in my flat so I can get to know it when it does show up." Harry explained.

"If they're just used for extra help why do you want to get to know it? Its just an animal." Niall started walking towards the car, it was getting late and Niall felt complete reaching level 5 trainer on his new game.

"An animal who is magical and can turn into a human whenever they want. I don't want to treat it like a servant like some do. Like a friend." Harry smiled at the thought.

They both got into the car and Harry sighed, feeling relief as he sat down for the first time in the past three hours.

"So that why you wont let me sleep in your guest room when I come over anymore? Making sure there's space for your new buddy?" Niall chuckled.