Luigi's Mansion (2001)

Game: Luigi's Mansion (2001)

Genre: Action-adventure

Platform: Nintendo GameCube

_________

Luigi's Mansion Box Art

Overview

Luigi's Mansion was an action-adventure game released for the Nintendo GameCube in 2001. Originally, the title was a tech-demo shown at Space World 2000 to showcase what the console was capable of. Nintendo was planning on releasing it on the Nintendo 64 console but thought it would be smarter to move it to their much newer hardware (well, it was newer at the time!)

The game made the GameCube's release a little "unusual" as instead of being released with a typical Mario game; it was released with a "Luigi game" instead. For some reason, some people didn't really like the idea. Luigi's Mansion was relatively well received by reviewers, despite being criticised for it's short length.

___________

Plot

Luigi won a mansion in a contest that he didn't remember even entering! (Well, that already seems suspicious!) The green-clad plumber agreed with his twin brother Mario to meet at the gate outside the mansion. Mario arrived at the mansion before Luigi. Upon Luigi's arrival, he found that his sibling had disappeared! Shortly, he is then equipped with the trusty Poltergust 3000 and must take down the ghosts in the mansion and save Mario!

___________

Something that scared some players!

(Luigi's ''Suicide'')

The ''Hanging Luigi'' shadow