(Ch 3)

Hello readers. Not that I have many...  

Anyways I wanted to tell you that I am writing chapter six now so I'll catch up on uploading soon.  

Katie.

----------

"Crap", I yelled into the phone, "You mean you knew it was for musically gifted people and you didn't tell me!?" 

"Hon", Mum's voice answered, "I did tell you. You just may not have listened, and Dana, it's pretty hard to find a school that will accept you so just make the most of this opportunity" 

"But-" 

She hung up! Mum? On me? I returned to Josie. "I suppose I have to go to the next class, don't I?", I asked.  

"Yep. But you can develop your budding romance with Matt" 

"Matt? Who's Matt?" Then it clicked, "Oh, THAT Matt. Wait. How do you know about that?" 

"So you admit there's something going on there?" 

"What! No! How do you know about us in the hallway? I thought we were alone" 

"He's my brother. He asks me for girl advice all the time", Josie replied. Brother!? Girl Advice!? 

"Back it up here", I said "I don't even know him that well" 

"You'll get a chance now, won't you?", Josie said as the bell rang.

•••

Josie and I arrived at the music rooms. I wanted to ditch but Josie "needed" to be there on time. "So, I suppose you're all freaks and you play every musical instrument known to man including the banjo", I stated.  

"Pshhh. No, no one plays the banjo these days!", Josie replied. I rolled my eyes. "What do you play?", I asked.  

"Viola" Fancy violin.  

"Cello" Big Fancy Violin.  

"Harp" Angel Prop.  

"And Oboe" Expensive Clarinet.  

I nodded, "Right. Well, I play banjo and that comment was very offensive".  

"Ha. Ha", Josie said, sarcastically.

"Look, Matt saved us some seats". Ha. Nerd! He even beats Josie to class. We sat down next to Matt. "So, what do you play?", I asked.  

"Electric Guitar" Of course.  

"And you?", He asked.  

"Look buddy, I didn't even know this was a musical school until about 20 minutes ago so..." 

Josie and Matt both laughed quietly. The teacher walked in and introduced himself. He was a sub. Time to have a little fun.

"Josie", I whispered "Swap names with me" 

"No!", she replied in disgust.  

"C'mon!", I pleaded.  

"No" 

"I'll swap names with you, Dana", said Matt.  

"Really?", I asked in disbelief, "I thought you were a nerd" 

"Yes, really. No, I'm not a nerd! That time in the hall yesterday, I was on my way to the principal's office for glad-wrapping the urinals", Matt explained.  

"But why are you here so early?", I asked.  

"I had a detention here at lunch and they wouldn't let me go because they knew I had music next", he said.  

You know what? Matt was growing on me. Maybe he could help me in my little escapades.

"And you are?", the sub asked looking at me.  

"Matt", I replied.  

Sub raised an eyebrow, "Really?" 

"Yes. It's short for Matilda, Sir" 

He nodded and moved on. 

"Josie" 

"Dana" 

"Huh?", Sub asked.  

"I prefer Dan", Matt said. Sub moved on. I high-fived Matt or 'Dan'.

•••

"Can you play?", Matt asked, gesturing to the piano.  

"I can give it a go", I sat down and began to play. I finished then stared into Matt's dreamy eyes. He was astonished. "How long have you been playing?", he asked in disbelief.  

"About two minutes" 

"You're good. Amazing. Fantastic" 

He leaned in closer and I had a feeling that he didn't just mean my music. Then Matt kissed me.