(Ch 1)

Hey guys. This chapter and the one after might be a bit boring seeing as I am still introducing the characters and such. I promise things will get better soon!! Thanks, xx Katie. :) FAN & COMMENT!! ;)

-----

Crap. Today was the day I was going to my new school. Fifth school this year and it's only May. I've been expelled, suspended. You name it, I've done it.

I rolled out of bed and trudged downstairs. My Mum was making pancakes while my Step-Dad was reading the paper. My Dad left us when I was eleven and my brother, Jake, was nine. Since then we've had a troubled and complicated relationship with him. "Morning Mum. Morning Stephen", I said as I sat down and started devouring the pancakes in front of me.

"Exited for your new school, Hon?" Mum asked.

"Nope. Why do I have to go all the way to Sydney? I don't want to go to a stupid boarding school"

"Really? Do I even need to answer that?"

"What I did wasn't that bad anyway!"

"You bubble-wrapped the hallway!"

I chuckled as I remembered, "Still, expulsion is a bit harsh"

"You deserved what you got. Now, go and get dressed", Mum said as I finished my pancakes.

•••

We were at the airport. All four of us. Waiting in the departures lounge. "Now Dana", Mum looked at me "Please be good. I know it's a boarding school and you think everyone there will be snobs but just give it a go. No more being bad. No more stealing the teacher's cars or changing all the clocks and especially no more bubble-wrapping the hallways".

I smiled, "I'll try", I said then mentally rolled my eyes. As if! I love my Mum and all but I'm not going to change now. A loud electronic voice filled the terminal. "That's your flight, Hon", Mum informed me.

I had my bag at my side as I hugged Mum. "I'll miss you", she said, holding back tears.

"I'll be home soon", I reassured her. I hugged Jake who was now 13, my head rested on top of his jet black hair. "Bye Dana", he said. I gave Stephen a little wave, "Bye". I had never felt close to Stephen and now was no time to be intimate.

It all sunk in to me. This was it. I was leaving. I choked back a tear. "I'll miss you", I called out before exiting the terminal and boarding my plane. To Sydney.