Chapter 3

A musky, woody smell enwrapped Dark and Zelda. Golden red sun rays shone through the roof of leaves above them, some hitting the two making them almost glow. Twigs were breaking under Dark's feet as he walked, Zelda was still hanging from his shoulder. Her belly was cramping from the uncomfortable position she was in and she assumed that Dark's shoulder was worse. He hadn't complained one single time though. 'Well he isn't exactly normal anyways', she thought.

"So, where were you planning on stopping?", she asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"Like I said before dear, I don't really have a plan. I'll just take whatever offer I get", he spoke with enthusiasm.

"Like how you took me?", she glared onto the ground underneath her that passed by.

"Whoa, clever one princess. Correct", a lingering smirk made it's way onto his face. The princess sighed and tried to get a look around her. They were getting deeper and deeper into the woods by every minute, which made her idea of getting out of here gloomier. 'I wonder if someone will eventually find us..'

"My head is getting kinda dizzy beacuse of all the blood rushing down it, you know", she said.

"Then I'll just flip you over" and with that said, he flipped her off his shoulder to carry her bridal style. Zelda was now looking straight into his eyes that gleamed down at her.

"Better?", he asked and wore a half, smug smile on his face. Zelda furrowed her eyebrows and brought a hand up to her cheek, feeling a tiny bit of flustered beacuse of the sudden face closeness.

"Yeah", she answered shortly in a quiet tone, averting her gaze at all the trees in front of her.

"You seem a little out of it, my princess. Your dizziness's any better?", He watched her pout.

"I'm fine. And stop calling me yours", she snorted.

"But you are mine. I did take you afterall, you know", he held his chin high up and closed his eyes for a moment, sighing in content. Zelda's eyebrow twitched in frustration at his remark but she kept her mouth shut, arguments wasn't her top priority at the moment. She has to come up with an escape plan once they arrive at wherever they're staying.

~~

Link's breath was ragged as he rushed out of an alley in castle town towards the group of guards that were gathering.

"Link!", the commander guard called once he spotted Link in the distance and hurried over to him.

"You got anything?", he asked in a hopeful tone when they both met. Link slowly raised his face up to the commander to reveal a look of despair.

"... there's no signs of her anywhere."

The commander put a hand over his forehead in a troubled manner and started pacing in circles.

"There must be something... she can't just have vanished like that! Someone must have seen her.. have you asked any people if they've seen her?", he desperately questioned and gestured with his hands.

"I've tried asking several people, but to no avail, sir.."

Suddenly the sound of loud chattering could be heard a distance away, interrupting the discussion the two were having. Out from behind a corner of a house came three young lively girls walking, they all wore colorful clothes and seemed rather cheerful over something. One of them looked up and as soon as she spotted Link she halted for a second and then ran up to him.

"A-aren't you.. you're that hot guy I saw before", she shamelessly chirped and put one hand over her radiant pink lips in a flirtatious manner.

"H-huh?", Link raised an eyebrow at the girl. The other two of her friends had caught up to her by now and also stood fawning over Link. But then one of them furrowed their eyebrows and leaned closer in to Link, seeming as if she was examining him.