Chapter 14

I was so excited. Jack was getting out of the hospital today. It's been a week since he woke up. Of course his mother went on a rant about how she needed all his attention his first day out. Then the band made plans to reherse tomorrow, now that they have their drummer back. Apperently they have already made another song and they want Jack to get comfortable with it. They're also going to be opening for the band Issues, in their tour, along with Memphis Mayfire, Teenage Bottle Rocket and Cane Hill in eight months. I am going with them and I love all the bands who are playing. I am officially excited. That left Friday for me. Due to the tour though, they're going to be practicing hardcore, meaning I won't get that much time with him. I guess that's expected when you're dating a guy in an up coming band. I'll also have to watch out for all the girls. The ladies are always hot for the drummers. But he's taken by yours truely. Sorry ladies.

As for right now though, I'm just sitting on my couch in leggings and a baggy t-shirt with my hair in a messy bun. I've got an Of Mice&Men fleece blanket on my lap, curled up in a ball watching A Haunted House on Netflix and playing Sims 3 on my laptop, waiting for him to call saying he's made it home safely.

I had just finished John and Siren Cuzack's room(and yes, I did in fact make a John Cuzack sim and myself. And yes I did marry him. Can't marry him in real life, might as well marry him in my own virtual world). Now I have to make Simone's room and John jr's room, and yes those are the names I would name my kids if I had kids with John Cuzack.

As I was deciding what wallpaper to use for Simone's room, the titanic theme song started playing on my phone. I had no idea I had my ringer all the way up so I jumped when it started playing. I scuried around in my spot trying to find it, before my eyes landed smack dab in the middle of the kitchen table. There sat my phone, with Jack on the other end waiting for me to answer. I parkoured off the couch and over the coffee table, only to have to trip over my dog, who was sleeping in the middle of the floor. I fell flat on my face. I looked over, to see him glance at me from behind, then roll over and fall back to sleep. "Unphased, lazy ass, mofo." I whispered and sprinting to my phone.

"H-hello-o." I panted.

"Hey babe, I just got home."

"Safe and sound I hope."

"I didn't get into an accedent this time."

"That's a relief."

"Yeah."

"You know that reminds me."

"Of?"

"I never asked you how the accedent happened."

"I don't know exactly. One second there isn't a car, then I pull out and a van just knocks into me full force. I guess the insurance company called, the man in the other car has to pay for all the damages and his liscence was revoked. Apperently not only was he speeding, but he was drunk off his ass."

"Jesus Christ."

"Yeah well, at least the money will help pay the hospital bill, and I'll get an even better car."

"Please tell me it'll be more of a safety vehicle than a sports car."

"No comment."

"Jack! After what happened to you, I can't believe you wouldn't invest in a vehicle you're less likely to die in!"

"I got to go, Mom wants to take me to a restraunt. My choice, yay!"

"This conversation isn't over boy-o."

"Yeah, yeah, you can complain about my stupid decisions later."

"Excuse you!"

"Love you babe, bye!"

"Yeah. I love you too."

The line went dead, leaving me to my perfect little celebrity family, and my movie once more. I glanced over to the TV. Malcom was being fucked in the ass by the ghost in his sleep. I couldn't help but to laugh at the scene. It gets me everytime. This movie is way too funny.

I woke up to the sound of thunder. I looked around. I was now underneath my covers in my bed. I was in a daze and very confused. Last time I checked I was on the couch. Simone was flirting with a boy who came over after school and....that's it. That's all I remember. I guess I drifted off. I checked the time on my clock. Three o'clock in the morning. Thank god school's over. I can't believe I spent my whole day playing the Sims 3. Most people would say that's a waste of time. I say it's time well spent.

I figured either my Dad or brother found me sleeping and brought me to my bed. My family is full of such gentlemen. I yawned, rolling back over. Just as I closed my eyes, light from the lightening filled my room and the thunder boomed loudly causing me to screech and bounce right back up. A little figure stood in my doorway. I didn't see it at first so when I did a double-take I nearly screamed and jumped out of my skin. I calmed down a little when I realized it was only Lyric. "Lyric what the hell, you scared me half to death. What are you doing?" She ran up to me. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" She cried. "Why, what's the matter?" I asked. "I had a bad dream and then the thunder woke me up and I'm scared." She whined. I sighed. "Lyric. You are eight years old, turning nine very soon. You are too old to be scared of a little thunder and a nightmare. You can't run to other people's rooms all the time because you're scared. You're a big girl now, and I know you can be brave too." She shook her head, "I know, but I'm not ready to be a brave big girl yet, can I please sleep in here with you, just for tonight. I promise, tomorrow morning I'll work on being brave."

I sighed again, "well alright, just for tonight. I mean that. Next time, stay in your own bed or I'll drag you back to it." She nodded and hoisted herself up. She pulled my covers over her head and snuggled up close to me. I stroked her hair in an attempt to comfort her. Luckily, she fell asleep with ease, and soon I was asleep too.