Chapter One

The hallways of Luther high school were booming as it was the first day of school. There were the freshman, awfully confused, especially as the sophomores decided it was their turn to tease them, students finding their way to their stereotypical cliques, Sounds of heels clacking on the floor from all the new girls as they tried to seem taller, but one pair of heels particularly stood out as they sounded through the hallways. Riley especially knew the sound all too well. The sound was different than other ones, she somehow just knew, it was the principal. The principal walked to the locker where she knew she'd find the one and only, Harper White. She was known for her 4.0 GPA, her teacher's pet status, and squeaky clean record. Harper has always been that way. Most people found it boring, weird, and some even tried to set her off, to try and make her break, but Harper never saw why others saw her as any different than them. She's been taught that everything she was doing was right by everybody she had been around. Harper's never wanted anything more than to follow the rules and please her family. She wanted to reach for her dreams and be valedictorian. She wanted to maintain straight A's. She wanted to be the very best. As Harper began a discussion with her principal, Ms. Goodman, she opened up her locker and neatly began to stack her books inside. After a quick debate on the structure of the government, Ms Goodman excused herself to walk away and prepare for the morning announcements, silently grateful she had an excuse to leave. she liked Harper, she had a bright future, but she had no hope to maintain any future relationships with anybody. Harper waved to her principal with a smile and hummed a gospel song to herself as she pulled out the books she'd need for her classes and her pencil pouch with perfectly sharpened number two pencils and blue inked pens. Harper smiled to herself as she realized she'd be one of the most prepared for the first day back to school, while most of the other children would have to steal pencils from their teachers.

Suddenly, a loud slam erupted from the locker beside Harper's, causing her to jump slightly and hide behind her books. The girl that stood beside her had hair was bright blue, which attracted a lot of attention to her. Oddly enough to Harper, the girl didn't seem phased nor did she try to hide behind her books. She was confident. Something Harper had yet to grasp.

"What are you guys staring at?" The girl snapped at the surrounding people, stuffing a black drawstring bag into her locker. She pulled out a mechanical pencil that was visibly chewed on, and glared at those around her. Harper snapped her head forwards away from the intimidating girl. Harper shut her locker, held her head down, and walked away in the direction of her first class, art.

The blue haired girl, who went by the name Riley, already hated this school and hadn't even been there for longer than an hour. Nobody seemed to be the kind of person that Riley would befriend. She felt so alone in a school so large. Riley wanted to walk out and away from it. She wanted to go back to her old town in Florida. Back to her old friends, and her ex girlfriend, Leah. Even though Riley suffered in her relationship, she still would do anything at all to see Leah again. Yet her family refused to let her move back With a huff, she decided she'd try to make the best of it at this school. Riley walked away from her blue locker. She decided she didn't care for school, her family, or anything at all at that moment, all that was going to run through her mind was Leah. The bell rang out, bringing Riley out of her distracted state. She let out an audible sigh as she attempted to use her complimentary school map to find her way to her first class.

~~~~~~~
I'm not sure if I portrayed the two alright, so I'm not making a cast list quite yet, originally I planned on keeping this story in my drafts, because I don't know if it'll get anywhere, but I feel good about it.

Please, leave feedback in the description,

ily guys <3