ii. Sunny Days, Bright Nights

The next morning, Anthony woke up from a very comfortable sleep, with the sunlight seeping through the window above his bed. He yawned, got out of bed and stretched, cracking his back properly. This was the first night he has actually slept well, since the preparations for SNT didn't leave much time to him and Dec to relax and enjoy their time in Spain.

Speaking of Dec, he was waking up as well, yawning loudly and stretching his arms above his head. Seeing that Ant was staring thoughtfully out of the window, clearly not noticing his best friend's awakening, Dec tossed playfully tossed a pillow at Ant, hitting the younger man in the face.

"Penny for your thoughts?" smiled Declan at his bestfriend's surprised reaction; clearly, he did not expect this.

"I was thinking if we could spend the day out today? We could take a stroll around the city and have lunch at some fancy restaurant not far from here," replied Ant, tossing the pillow back at his friend, an amused expression on his face.

"Sure! We could get downstairs to have breakfast and then get going. I'll go and get prepared." Dec got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth, along with Ant. When both men were ready, they descended to the hotel restaurant and made their way to a secluded table. There weren't many people since it was still nine on a Sunday morning, which allowed Ant and Dec to peacefully eat and chat throughout their meal.

"So, what are we gonna do?" asks Dec curiously, taking a sip from his coffee.

"We could visit the Barcelona Cathedral since we've never been there and it looks quite appealing in the pictures. Then, we could go to Camp Nou, it's the Barcelona Football Club main stadium." replies Ant excitedly, finishing off his toast.

Dec nodded happily at his best friend, and looked at his phone screen. He clicked the home button and only saw his lock screen image with the hour and date flashing on the top. He frowned, which did not go unnoticed by Ant, who was watching him intently.

"What's wrong Decky? You don't seem very happy. Is there something you don't like about today's schedule? We could change it without any problem, you know-"

"No, no, Ant, I absolutely love today's plans. It's just Ali. I haven't received any message from her since yesterday morning, I'm a little worried like," Dec looked down at his plate and ate the remainder of his scrambled eggs.

"It's ok Decky, she's probably just busy, mate. Lisa hasn't texted me too. They probably just went shopping together yesterday and Ali forgot to text youse." Ant reached over the table and gently placed his hand on Dec's hardening knuckles. Dec immediately relaxed at his touch, and gave his best friend a small grateful smile. His hand lingered there for a few more seconds, then the men decided to get going. They both got up from their seats and headed out of the hotel.

The two British stars walked the streets side by side, occasionally taking pictures with fans and signing autographs.

Having visited the breath-taking Cathedral ("this is beautiful!" had exclaimed Ant over and over to Declan who was quite amused by the younger man's slightly childish behavior) and the massive football stadium, the lads were quite hungry by the time it was three in the afternoon. They made their way to a traditional spanish restaurant which was beautifully decorated from the inside, and shared a mouth-watering paella with lobster on the side,
leaving both men feeling full as if they were gonna explode.

Back to their hotel room, Ant and Dec sat down on the sofa and decided to watch some TV to kill the time; they were leaving tomorrow at noon. Eventhough the living room held one sofa and two armchairs, the two men unconsciously sat down next to each other, Dec snuggling up and Ant putting his arm on the back of the sofa, behind Dec's head.