viii. Decisions

"I love you more, yes, I'm good," Dec said with a smile, adding, "I can't wait to see you too, love. Aye, don't worry, everything's fine here. Ant and I went for a swim today in one of the hotel's heated pools. This place is huge! Ok, fine, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Bye, sweet dreams. I love you too, aye, always. Bye,"

Ant rolled his eyes at his best friend's words. He was watching a movie, his head in Declan's lap, while the older Geordie was speaking to Ali over the phone. It was getting annoying, since Dec and his wife have been conversing for almost ten minutes now, and Ant was growing annoyed at how cheesy his best friend sounded. But deep inside, he knew he was not angry just because Dec was talking to Ali over the phone. It was because he was actually starting to get jealous over it.

Long story short, Anthony McPartlin did not like being jealous.

Finally, Declan hung up and put his phone down on the coffee table, leaning back and going back to caressing Anthony's hair, a dreamy smile on his face. He did not notice at first the fact that Ant was silent instead of making witty comments every now and then regarding the movie, but when he did, it was a bit late.

"I'm going to bed," mumbled Ant darkly, getting up and walking over to the bedroom.
Dec was a little surprised by his friend's gesture, not knowing what had gotten to him.

"But, Ant, you said you weren't tired at all not even twenty minutes ago," called Declan concernedly, getting up from the couch as well and turning off the massive television.

"Well, twenty minutes is enough to make someone tired, innit?" questioned Ant with a nasty look on his face. Dec raised his eyebrows at the way Ant was speaking to him.

"What's wrong, man? Why are youse acting this way?" asked Dec worriedly, taking a step towards Ant. "Today's been real good, don't go and ruin it, will ye? One fight per day is enough," he added, making Anthony's blood boil.

"Ruin it? Now you're saying I'm ruining the day because I wanna go to sleep? Well, sorry for functioning like a normal human being and growing tired at the end of a long day!" Ant snapped rudely, glaring at Dec while stepping out of his pajama pants. He was starting to feel hot, and that usually happened when he got angry.

"I'm not saying owt, Ant, you know I'm not. It's just that your mood changed all of a sudden and now you're just radiating off negative vibes, and I don't like it when you're like this. That's all I am saying," Declan replied calmly, eyes slightly widening at the sight of his best friend taking his clothes off. "I... What are you doing?" he asked amusedly.

"Taking me clothes off, innit obvious enough?" spat Ant harshly, then regretting it when he saw the smile on Dec's face. "I'm just hot, and I don't wanna get all sweaty when I get into bed with my pajamas on. Don't worry though, I'm keeping these on," he gestured hastily to his black boxers, and then climbed into bed.

"I know you are, and, I know you are, too," Declan smirked, putting his hands in his pockets and giving Ant a smug look.

Ant just looked at him, mildly confused, and went to ask about his best friend's comment when Dec beat him to it, "I mean, I know you're hot. And I know you're keeping your boxers on."

Ant's face contorted into a smile absent-mindedly, all signs of previous anger suddenly dissipating. He just stared at Dec for a moment, and timidly said, "I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. I was just overreacting."