xv. Realization

A/N: At some point in this chapter, you'll see the symbol # come up: you might want to play 'All I Want' by Kodaline whilst reading the part following that certain '#': It'll add some, well, feeling (?) to it.

"Richard Jones!" Declan exclaimed into his microphone, announcing the name of the grand Britain's Got Talent winner.

The sound of massive cheering, applause, and shouting was the only thing that could be heard in the studio for a solid five minutes, until the volume got progressively lower. After exchanging many handshakes and hugs with both Richard Jones and the four judges, Declan Donnelly slowly made his way back to his dressing room.

Discarding his suit jacket off of himself and starting to undo his tie, Dec did not take notice of his best friend entering the room; and, naturally, almost jumped out of his skin when Ant broke the silence.

"Woah, woah, calm down," Anthony burst out laughing at the sight of his best friend's holy-shit-I-almost-shit-my-pants face. "It's just me."

"Well, aye, I know that now," Declan mumbled annoyedly, starting to unbutton his shirt. "Youse don't know how to knock on a door anymore?"

Ant furrowed his eyebrows and his amused demeanor was quickly replaced by a confused one. "Is there owt wrong?" he asked cautiously, taking a step towards his best friend, whose back was facing him.

"No, why would 'owt be wrong'?" Dec replied after a few seconds, still not looking at Ant. He was now shirtless, reaching in his bag for the black button-up he was wearing before he'd arrived at the ITV studios. He inhaled sharply when he felt his best friend's fingers graze the skin of his upper back. "What are you doing?" He hissed, turning abruptly.

"Trying to get your attention, mister, that's what I'm doing," Ant said sternly, dropping his hands to his sides and sighing bemusedly. "Seriously, what's wrong?"

"Nowt's wrong Ant, I've already told you," Dec shook his head, dropping his gaze to the ground and randomly noticing that Ant's shoelaces were undone. "Just a bit tired like, 'been fighting with Ali, and quite frankly out of those two I'd rather Wayne won, but who cares about that. "

Oh. He knew he was a horrible person for doing that, but Anthony could not help but erupt in cheers on the inside when Dec told him he had been fighting with his wife. So, normally, the corner of his lips lifted up into a smile, which turned afterwards into a grin; leaving Ant standing there smiling widely, staring at his best friend's very confused face.

"What's so funny?" Declan frowned, furrowing his eyebrows. Anthony just shook his head, breaking eye contact once again and putting his hands in his pockets. The smile on his face had not faded yet, and all he could do was just try to imagine something that would make him sad, in vain. The taller man just ended up smiling even more.

"Nothin', never mind," Ant got rid of his jacket, stepping away from Dec and undoing his tie as well, not once meeting his best friend's gaze again. He started tugging free the first three buttons of his shirt when his wrist was brutally grasped by the older Geordie who was still waiting for an answer.

"Don't 'never mind' me, McPartlin," Dec warned, although his voice was laced with amusement. Anthony never failed to change his mood. "We all know how it's gonna end if you do."

Ant gave his best friend a questioning look, raising an eyebrow and smirking smugly. "Oh? Please do enlighten me with your superior knowledge, your majesty: how is it gonna end?"