Chapter 9

I noticed that a big number, and the witch, were in the party. "I think those are the people with indigenous beliefs." Paul said as we approached from the big fire settled in the centre of the crowd who was running in circles around it
"Are we going to run around the fire too?" I asked.
"Don't ask me but everyone in Tiébélé is here and only the indigenous believers are the ones running around the fire."

There was food and water on a table that made my saliva dirt my clothes. Not that I could see what they cooked but remembering the fact that we stayed for eight hours in a scalding place without eating or drinking anything else but starving made me starve even more.

We stayed for what seems like thirty minutes waiting for the Africans to finish whatever they were doing and some kids, each was holding a bowl of the food, was bending in front of everyone giving them whatever was in the bowl and happily, they gave us some food too. We ate some dried dates, some rice, a circle of a potato, lentils and a circle of a courgette. I don't want anything as much as I want water and to leave to Ghana.

After we finished our 'diner' some people started to drum and some other kids, dressed in some weird beige skirts, some purple neckless and all their hairs were braided, were dancing and behind them were some women, dressed in some blue long tunic dancing in some different ways. It was enjoyable looking at it, the African dance art. As everyone clapped constantly, we joined them happily clapping and enjoying that incredible art. The rhythm of the drums matched their steps which seemed wonderful. I could watch this everyday without feeling bored.

After few minutes, the people who were watching the dances started to sing and the song they were singing was perfect for the dances. It was pretty amazing and I wish Zayn had his camera so he would capture all of those moments. I don't even know what we'll be doing in Ghana. Just a remind to my self : ask John about this.

After they finished dancing, everyone got up and directed to the place where the dancers were dancing while we, four, stayed in our places not knowing if we're supposed to go with them or just staying speechless at our places watching them dancing again. We ended up looking at each other and staying in our places.

The drums made different rhythms and every body danced like crazy, some people were spinning their heads and that made their hair fly in the air, some other kept moving their arms up, right, left and down and some other people kept turning around as they did some sort of dances with their legs and I stayed like that, watching how happy they all were. I loved how they enjoy everything here but I still can't believe how can they live without Internet or electricity, still using spears? I could never imagine my life like this. Everyone knows that Burkina Faso is one of the poorest countries in the world and that's why but how? I, as Perrie, can't stay for a day without watching a movie while these people most probably don't even know that movies exist. Those fantastic people kept dancing in some crazy way, they eat nothing but natural food and sleep in houses that are almost huts not imaging they can contact people from some other countries without traveling. I don't know if I am exaggerating or not but those people know how to live their lives and not waste it on some bullshit, like reading other's opinion, watching other's daily life or following dumb celebrities and go crazy over them.

While I was lost in my thoughts, a woman took me by my wrist and dragged me to the crowd who was dancing like if they were drunk. I laughed out loud as Zayn was sitting on the floor smiling at everyone who was dancing in front of him so the woman who dragged me here directed to him smirking and Zayn was like 'what's wrong?' I think she'll do the same with him. I turned around and saw every body dancing so why not feeling the pleasure of dancing weirdly without some people looking at me strangely?