Telling Buffy

AN: This is the sequel to An Unexpected Visitor Enjoy!

Telling Buffy

Rupert Giles was still sitting on the floor, wondering what he should do about Ethan and Buffy when he heard a knock on the door. With a groan he slowly got up and took a look into the peep-hole. When he saw a blond head, he breathed a sigh of relief.

Quickly he opened the door and said; "Hello Buffy."

"Hi Giles. Sorry to bother you, but you didn't answer your phone and I was starting to get worried." Buffy told him.

Giles turned to glance at the side table and noticed the blinking light of his answering machine. He was surprised. "I'm sorry, Buffy. It seems that I was a bit distracted."

"Oh? What was it?"

Giles sighed. "Why don't eswe sit down?" Buffy nodded. Together they went to the couch and sat down.

_______________________

"Okay, Giles what's going on?" Buffy demanded.

Giles took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes tiredly. "Ethan paid me a lier visit, earlier this evening."

It was good thing that Buffy wasn't drinking anything at that mment, fore if had she would've choked on it. "What! But I thought he was n Nevada being guarded by all those military guys."

"I thought the same," Giles agreed. "But it seems that we were both wrong."

"What did he want?" Buffy asked.

"To try to convince you to leave Riley," Giles replied.

"What, how?"

Giles took a deep breath and said: "He wanted me to use magic to woo you away from Riley."

Buffy took a deep breath and counted to ten before she said: "What did you say when he suggested that?"

"I refused to do what he asked. Told him that you had issues with magic and that I didn't want to add another one." Giles got up from the couch and asked: "Are you sure that you don't want something to drink?"

Buffy thought for a moment. "Do you have any apple juice left?"

"I believe so. Let me check." With that Giles got up and went to the kitchen. He grabbed two bottles of apple juice from the fridge. He came back with the juice and handed a bottle to Buffy. "Thanks, Giles."

He smiled and started to sit back down, when Buffy asked:

"So what else did Ethan say after he suggested that you try to woo me?"

"He said that it would be best for everyone if you ended things with Riley," Giles replied. Seeing the frown on his Slayer's face, he asked: "Are you all right Buffy?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Although, a part of me is loathing the idea of owing Ethan anything, but he may be right."

"Oh? What do you mean?"

Buffy sighed. "While I was Willy, trying to get some info on Prograra demon Riley came in the bar and accused me of socializing with them."

Giles was gobsmacked. "What brought this on?"

"I think it's because of the drugs that Maggie was feeding, not only Riley but the rest of his unit as well."

Giles sighed. "Buffy, I know that you want to help Riley, but do you think you should continue to have a relationship with him?"

Buffy knew that Giles was right. With Riley's withdrawl from the drugs that Maggie had given him there was no way for the soldier and the slayer to be together. Besides, there was one man Buffy knew she should be with and he was sitting right across from her.

"Giles, how would you feel if we started training again?"

"I would like that very much," Giles said honestly. "But how would Riley take it?"

"Not too well, but I think it would be best if I waited until he got out the hospital to make it offical. Besides, I think it's better for him if he found a normal girl."

"Perhaps," said Giles. "But Buffy you should know that I won't tolerate being a 'rebound' guy."

Buffy smiled. "Don't worry, Giles. I'm done with guys. You're the only man in my life." She held out her hand. "Deal?"

'Deal," Giles agreed. He took her hand kissed it. The Slayer and Watcher knew that the future was uncertain but they now had each other.

Fin.