5

We looked everywhere. Eventually we came up on an old abandoned hotel with its sparking sign hanging from one thin wire. This place was a dump, but at least we could sleep now. Part of me said we should have buried Barney. I mean, he was one of my closest friends. But we couldn't go back. Not now. We settled in to one room. There was only one bed, which made us all a bit uncomfortable. I decided to take the middle spot, so I was at least closer to Adam. After Ross had drifted off to sleep, Adam and I stay up and talked. We both knew we couldn't lose one another. And that was my motivation to survive. I love you, Adam. More than you'll ever know. I pulled the covers over myself and wrapped my arm around Adam, so I was close to him. He turned around and looked at me. He smiled, and ran his hand through my hair again. He kissed me goodnight before rolling back over. Soon after, we both drifted off to sleep. I woke up around 4 a.m. to a loud scream down the hall. I threw off the blankets and ran. At the end of the hallway, I found Ross, crying and trembling. I kneeled down next to him, finding his wrists and sides covered in blood. He cut. He's loosing a lot of blood. A demon must've possessed him. I held him as he took his final breath. I just watched my best friend die in my arms. God, just help us. I walked back down the hall to get Adam. "Adam! Adam, wake up, dang it!" I yelled, shaking the living crap out of him. "ADAM!" I yelled, pulling him to the freaking floor by his arm. "GET UP YOU TART!" I screamed. He woke up. "Jin, what the...It's 4:30 in the effing morning!" He rubbed his back. "There's no excuse, Adam!" I screamed. "ROSS BLED TO DEATH IN MY ARMS, OK?!! That was the most frightening experience to ever happen to me. I was shaking. Adam just stared at me, fear in his eyes. "No. Ross, too?" He said. I choked up. "Y...yes.... R....oss t...too. I began to cry as Adam wrapped his arms around me. "I'm sorry, Jin. Don't cry." Please, dear God, get us out of this place. We walked down the hall and out the door. We walked past this dark, grass covered old cemetery. A bird swept by. I saw a flash of a green wing. I knew this bird. Fanzine! The bird demon. Adam and I kept walking. We found a dumpster with an old, empty cardboard box laying beside it. I never thought it would come to this. We were stuck on the streets, with nothing but each other. "I'm so hungry." I mumbled. Adam rapped his arms around me in the box, and we lay close together for warmth. There was nothing left for us. I cried onto Adam's shoulder. He sat up and held me. "Look at me Jin." He said. "Don't ever stop fighting. We will get through this." I cried more. "Adam, I can't. I can't do this anymore. Just look at us. This is going to be the end of us. I can't! Don't you see?" He cried, too. "I'm so sorry, Jin. I would give anything to get you out of here. This is the last thing I want for you. I'm so sorry." I looked up at him, into his broken face. He didn't even look the same. Adam..